Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you poll CT-30 Radio Thermostats? Either script or via device settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you poll CT-30 Radio Thermostats? Either script or via device settings?

Hello,

I migrated my CT-30's from my HS2 to my HS4 setup, and my script isn't behaving properly because I can't seem to poll the CT-30's with HS4.

I have polling enabled in the thermostat devices (which is kinda odd, because it looks like you enable polling on a per-child basis, even though it should just be a single information request for the whole thermostat), but the device status page only shows what is pushed from my script.

At least I'm able to push heating setpoints correctly, but without being able to read what an occupant might have done to the thermostat manually, it's kinda like the good old X-10 days. So hopefully there's some way around this.

Thanks,
    Chris

In case anyone comes back and is wondering about this same thing, I ended up throwing out the CT-30's out and replaced them with Z-Wave+ thermostats. I picked up some Alarm.com and Powerley thermostats off eBay, and apart from having to remove an extra space character from the "Heating Setpoint" and "Cooling Setpoint" features, everything is working much better.

Comment

Working...
    X