Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS4 & Apple Browser (either safari or chrome) don't seem to be best friends ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 & Apple Browser (either safari or chrome) don't seem to be best friends ...

Am I the only one having all kind of issue trying to browse HS4 pages on Apple devices browsers ?

- Here are some of the problems encountered so far, all of them are on a random basis and I can't always reproduce them twice in a row but eventually they will come back

1- If I remove all filters from the device page, I have a blank page appearing, I have to hit refresh to have my page filled
    2- If I edit an event that change the status of a device, If I modify the "set control" and change the value, when I press save (the diskette) no reaction, I have to refresh my page
    3- Sometimes while editing the status/graphic page, all the page become scramble, caracter are anywhere/everywhere, I have to hit refresh to have my page fixed
    4- Sometimes if I select the status/graphic tab to modify status, I have a wheel turning forever, I have to rehit a second time the Status/graphic

It seems like the amount of informations sent by HS4 can't be handled by the browser and if looks like the browser stop processing the HTML page at some point before it finishes loading.

I tought it might be a processor/memory issue but I tried it on a Ipad Air 3, Ipad Air 4, Iphone 12 and they all have some/all of the above problems.

I usually work on my Windows Surface Laptop 3 with Chrome where I have not encountered those issues yet but I wanted to get a more "movable" playing environment so that is why I was trying to work from a more mobile device but it is not even thinkable as the problem come back much too often

BTW, when I did all my testing, I had both my Apple devices and my laptop side by side and BOTH on wifi, same networ both 2.4GHZ , my laptop was NOT wired to the network so this is NOT network related.

Same here on iphone edge browser

Comment

I came on here searching for this exact problem. Majority of my interaction is via browser on iPad Pro, and trying out HS4, almost every change is followed with an unresponsive screen, sometimes with a rotating symbol and sometimes not. I have to hit refresh each time before I can proceed, and in the end I gave up and switched back to using HS3 before I threw the iPad through the window. I won’t be trying again until this is fixed, which is a shame as it was all going so smoothly.

Comment

Just created a Tecnical ticket on HS support on this issue, will update this forum when I have more details

HSCS-4670 is the ticket opened

Comment

Originally posted by goldriver View Post
          Just created a Tecnical ticket on HS support on this issue, will update this forum when I have more details
          Any details yet????

Comment

I have been having the same issues iPad and iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by mik3 View Post

Any details yet????
              it's just 2 days ago that Tyler from HS contacted me saying that he could not reproduce the problem and asked me to send a video of the issues wich I did, I am now waiting from a return from them

Comment

it's just 2 days ago that Tyler from HS contacted me saying that he could not reproduce the problem and asked me to send a video of the issues wich I did, I am now waiting from a return from them
                Strange that it’s happening to several of us.

Comment

Let me know IF/when Tyler gets back to you and wants another recording. It's a pain to have to keep refreshing your browser if you want to do something on a Apple device.

Comment

Happens to me as well. Especially when creating Events. I have to refresh after every step. Works fine on Chrome on Windows, does not work with Chrome or Safari on an iPad or iPhone. Here I created a new Event, then chose time as a trigger, the page is a mess

Click image for larger version  Name:	F2222604-A6A2-4A91-8620-74F92FB11CDC.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	18.1 KB ID:	1459666

It never changes. A forced refresh gets me to the next step. This continues through every step. That is why I still have to use the legacy Event Management page on my iPad

Click image for larger version  Name:	28733004-E4C7-4DC1-B80E-CB2F13F4C161.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	21.4 KB ID:	1459667

This will continue on with Conditions. Here I added a devices value as a condition and the page is again corrupted:

Click image for larger version  Name:	53EF5263-6C32-4500-B2B5-6943EF0023A2.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	27.1 KB ID:	1459668

Then a refresh

Click image for larger version  Name:	A41310B3-3BA4-4BB7-A3F7-22BD4E18DE47.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	34.7 KB ID:	1459669
                    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Randy your experience is exactly the same as mine. Creating events is the worst but it shows up when changing from events to devices, etc.

Comment

I’ll update my support ticket (HSCS-4670) and put the link to this thread so they know I am not alone.

Comment

I’ll update my support ticket (HSCS-4670) and put the link to this thread so they know I am not alone.
                          Thanks! I hope that escalates it.

Comment

Exact issues I having as well.

Comment

Same here, since the past 2 versions of HS4, I think? Issue persists on all mobile browsers.

Comment

Working...
                              X