• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JeffCharger
    replied
    Originally posted by Pete View Post
    Don,

Here still utilize CM11A's and a few years ago went to using Jeff Volp's X10 hardware which has never given me any issues.

Jeff's X10 hardware controllers are very robust and work well.

Have a look at his web site over here ==> JV Digital Engineering
    Same here. I converted to Jeff's XTB-232 years ago. Really improved my reception and distance.

Leave a comment:

• djbeam
    replied
    Yes, it seems that no matter who you talk to about Jeff's products you like them (including myself) .. however was talking to Jeff the other day and found out that he is retiring and closing down his business as no one wanted to pick up the products and continue them .

.There is only limited stock of available.

This will be a serious loss to the X10 community .. as he had great products and provides tremendous support (something that HS could learn from).

.Good Man who will be missed.

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    Along with Jeff's xtb-232, I also have and have been using for a long time a TI103 interface which works great.

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    Don,

Here still utilize CM11A's and a few years ago went to using Jeff Volp's X10 hardware which has never given me any issues.

Jeff's X10 hardware controllers are very robust and work well.

Have a look at his web site over here ==> JV Digital Engineering

Leave a comment:

• jrbaldwin
    replied
    I use a JV Digital Engineering XTB-232 X10 Serial Powerline Interface with good results. Also have a XTB-IIR High-Power 2-Phase Repeater installed at the breaker panel. I used his signal meter to trace down my noise. Most of my noise was generated by a cheap Chinese power supply for a LED light strip. Don't know if the XTB-232 is still available.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• djbeam
    started a topic re CM11A or alternative

re CM11A or alternative

I have HS4 installed with a CM11A or the X10 devices I have ..

However I am having serious issues with certain devices and but the X10 signal meter, it is a strength of signal (and some suckers) that are causing the issue ..

Does anyone have any suggestions (based on positive experience) of a replacement to the CM11A that may have a stronger signal that can overcome some of the noise/interference

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Don
Working...
X