Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 Pro with HS SmartStick + and SCHLAGE Connect (BE469NX) Locks

SOLVED - See Post #2 from jgreenberg01

Well on my way to migrating off the SmartThings hub and onto the HS4 Pro system.

Last night I EXCLUDED (removed) one of my SCHLAGE Connect locks from SmartThings (never been a problem there) and using the Z-Tool+ added to HS4. It seemed to take forever, and I still hate how these things "initially" come into HS4; but, it is there (see image).

I renamed it, and set a location - and after about an hour the battery shows 100% (which is probably correct - fresh batteries put in on 01-01-2021 --- I did that in all three 2x a year). I have no idea what the other marks at the top are.

I enabled 'voice control' which is what I had to do with the others to get ALEXA to discover them. I ran a device discovery on ALEXA 2x - and still she does not find the lock. Also noticing that HSBuddy does not show it either. The option to LOCK and UNLOCK are working in the Mobile App - but I tried to setup an event - and it is not working.

I also can see in the logs - the MANUAL LOCK and UNLOCK events (which even SmartThings recorded) from the lock). Another thing in SmartThings (with a plug-in) you could add, remove, and change PIN CODES on the lock. Seeing no way to do that in HomeSeer.

Not seeing a PLUG-IN for SCHLAGE (unless it is called something else) - Which BTW, the Plug-ins page is "HORRENDOUS" Looks like a 5th grader designed it as their first HTML project (IMHO).

Click image for larger version  Name:	HS4_Schlage Lock-1.png Views:	0 Size:	18.5 KB ID:	1445518

Here are the entries which HS4 recorded on the ADD:

A new node is being added...
    Adding a new SLAVE NODE...
    DONE - Add Node Operation is Complete.
    Done. Node 17 Added.
    Reloading (importing) node information...
    Synchronizing node information with HomeSeer and creating new device(s) as necessary...
    Synchronize nodes finished. Number of device nodes to be created/added = 1
    Adding using S0 Security, Negotiating or Verifying SECURITY SCHEME for node 17
    Z-Wave Security Scheme and Key Exchange was successful for node 17, now waiting for the device to finish storing information before proceeding...
    Getting SECURITY class information for node 17
    Z-Wave manufacturer information for node 17, ID: 59=3BH (IR Security Safety), Type: 25409=6341H, ID: 20548=5044H
    Node: 17 Supports Class(es): APPLICATION_STATUS, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD, SECURITY, VERSION
    Node: 17 Supports Secure Class(es): ANTITHEFT_V2, ASSOCIATION, BASIC_V2, BATTERY, CONFIGURATION, DOOR_LOCK_V2, NOTIFICATION_V6, USER_CODE
    Node 17 is Z-Wave version: Lib: 3.42 App: 128.22
    Node 17 Supports 4 Notification Types: Access_Control Home_Security Power_Management System
    Access_Control Supports Events: Manual Lock Operation(1), Manual Unlock Operation(2), Keypad Lock Operation(5), Keypad Unlock Operation(6), Auto Lock Locked Operation(9), Lock Jammed(11), Keypad Temporarily Disabled(16), New Program Code Entered Unique Code for Lock Configuration(18)
    Home_Security Supports Events: Intrusion Unknown Location(2)
    Power_Management Supports Events: Replace Battery Soon(10), Replace Battery Now(11)
    System Supports Events: System Hardware Failure(1), Heartbeat(5)
    All associations for node 17 have been retrieved successfully, it supports associations on these groups: 1.
    Root Node Device Node 17 Z-Wave IR Security Safety Entry Control was created for node 17 on network F035B2BD
    SmartStick +: Adding association for Z-Wave device Node 17 Z-Wave IR Security Safety Entry Control (Node 17, Group 1) to HomeSeer
    Enabling Lock and System status for Schlage device Node 17 Z-Wave IR Security Safety Entry Control (17)
    7 out of 7 Child devices of node 17 were created successfully.
    Finished.
    Saving network information to file: ZNet_Bearcave_F035B2BD_2021-01-04_20.52.41.ZWave. Please wait...
    Done!

I have the same lock, and Alexa controls it as expected. If you want to be able to uinlock via the Alexa app or voice, you have to configure that option in the app.

The device should look something like this in HS4:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Lock Device.PNG Views:	0 Size:	52.2 KB ID:	1445554

Make sure that the lock's child device has the voice command checked before you have Alexa discover devices. You don't need to check the parent device.

You also do not need a plug-in, but I found BLLock to very helpful for setting up PINs.

FYI - the "try Again Later" in the pic above is because I shut off Alexa's unlock function. I believe it shows that message when the feature is shut off and someone tries a voice unlock.

Comment

• If you change to list view you will see what the other features of the device are or place your mouse over the images and read the tooltip or better yet click on the icon and look at all the features that pop up.
      • Are you sure you set the voice control on the feature and not the main device as this will not have the controls you require? This is also true for your events. You need to choose the main lock device then chose the feature that has lock / unlock as an option.
      • To add a user code go to plugins/ Z-wave/ lock management and you can add and remove codes there.
      • The Z-wave plugin you are using was designed for HS3 and there is a HS4 version in the pipeline that will have a new UI.
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

Originally posted by jgreenberg01 View Post
        Make sure that the lock's child device has the voice command checked before you have Alexa discover devices. You don't need to check the parent device.

You also do not need a plug-in, but I found BLLock to very helpful for setting up PINs.

FYI - the "try Again Later" in the pic above is because I shut off Alexa's unlock function. I believe it shows that message when the feature is shut off and someone tries a voice unlock.
        JGreen,

I thought I had it all setup right. HSBuddy, last night was not showing it. Today it is. I just did a "Discover Devices" in ALEXA and she found it. -- 😁 WOOO HOOO!!

I did a test, the lock is a little SLOW to respond. But I can get used to that.

I am trying to do things like I had in SmartThings - where it would unlock the door when I was home (or almost home).

*** anyone know what the minimum GeoFence range you can set is? I have it on 0.1 miles, and it seems to be working -- but would like to make that smaller. ***

Last night I was not able to add it to my I'M HOME EVENT. I will try that later. Getting kinda confused as to HOW HS4 names these things it adds. Seems to be like {Floor} {Room} {Name/Type of Device (i.e. Jasco Plug)} - I am able to rename some aspects of it once added - but HS4 references the FULL NAME, as does GOOGLE and ALEXA when they find them.

Thanks Again - more playing with adding the other Smart Locks and then the GoControl Garage Door. I will them be 98% off SmartThings. Just gotta figure out how to get my Smart Appliances to talk to HOMESEER (without the Plug-In and the SmartThings Hub). I also have some Samsung WiFi Speakers I would like to use at some point (again, the goal is to get rid of the SmartThings hub completely).

Sooooo Happy I got this working.

Comment

Working...
        X