Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 Pro with HS SmartStick + / GeoFencing Event based on Time of Day

💖 So far, I am learning TONS - and thanks to all offering support. 👍

In my old SmartThings days (about 12 days ago -- LOL) - I had an event (Automation) - which never worked, hence my reason for moving to HS4. I am trying to use the geoFencing aspects of HSBuddy -- so far it is partially working as desired -- to Unlock the door and (if after Dark - turn on lights). I had the Lights aspect working (before I added the "IF AFTER SUNSET BUT BEFORE SUNRISE" to the mix. Then the EVEN stopped happening at all during the day. I would not get the PUSH NOTIFICATION - which is how I was testing.

Here is what I have now - but see no way to put an "BETWEEN SUNSET and SUNRISE" to the THEN portion of the event. If I add that to the IF section - the event does not work at all after Sunrise.

Click image for larger version

Name:	At Home_Event-1.png
Views:	154
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	1445616
    Also does anyone know what the 'minimum' geoFencing radius which can be set? I currently have it at 0.1 Miles - and that is working - but would like to make it smaller.

You would need two events to do what you want- one for entering the fence, and one for entering the fence at night. Conditional actions may be in the plans in the future (at one time they were) but for now it's not. I also use HSBuddy and it is working great, but I don't have any geofences smaller than 0.15 miles. I don't use geofencing for locks as there's been a couple of times (with different apps) where crossing the geofence was missed, and a garage door didn't close. It's reliable for everything else for me, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevb View Post
      You would need two events to do what you want- one for entering the fence, and one for entering the fence at night. Conditional actions may be in the plans in the future (at one time they were) but for now it's not. I also use HSBuddy and it is working great, but I don't have any geofences smaller than 0.15 miles. I don't use geofencing for locks as there's been a couple of times (with different apps) where crossing the geofence was missed, and a garage door didn't close. It's reliable for everything else for me, though.
      Thanks for the reply - It does not seem that hard to add an OR as well as AND conditionals in there. (or even BOTH).

I never used it for OPENING or CLOSING the Garage Door - I would if I could figure out a way for repeated (which I think is possible) checks of the GARAGE DOOR OPEN and I AM NOT HOME. SmartThings has something like that - bur more of a IF "specified" door is OPEN for XX Minutes - CLOSE IT (LOCK IT). Not really good if you have the Garage Door open while working in the yard. LOL

Comment

There are ways to do that- have you read the Event Clinic? It is under the HS3 Software heading. Most things still apply to HS4. There is a trigger something like: This event runs every (day, hour, minute, etc.) then you would select AND IF door has been open at least AND IF away, ... There is a lot in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevb View Post
          There are ways to do that- have you read the Event Clinic? It is under the HS3 Software heading. Most things still apply to HS4. There is a trigger something like: This event runs every (day, hour, minute, etc.) then you would select AND IF door has been open at least AND IF away, ... There is a lot in there.
          I will check it out.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X