• Time
  • Show
Clear All

can a virtual device be toggled in HS4

I would like to have a virtual device with 2 states ON OFF and Toggle
    3 buttons displayed so i can manually click on or off or just use toggle
    can this be accomplished in HS4.
    Paul.

Based on what I know about HS, I would say No, not all wrapped up in a single device.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Toggle..PNG
Views:	479
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	1446134
    HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.5.0 running on Lenovo ThinkCenter & Debian Linux
    Plugins: Z-Wave (via Nortek USB stick

Home Assistant 2021.10.6 running on HA "Blue" ODROID-N2
    Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
    Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, Google Nest, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, My Garage, OpenWeather, Spotify, Tuya Local. Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS
    Insteon: 2413S Dual Band PLM
    Zigbee: zzh! CC2652R Rev A
    Z-Wave: RaZberry daughtercard on RPi 1B via ser2net

Comment

Hello the screenshot you posted seems to me to belong to HS3. When I create a Virtual Device in HS4 I no longer have the Status and Control choice. Why ?

Comment

I don't see why this can not be done in HS4 to a virtual device. You would need have 1-2 events to take action for when the Toggle button is pressed. The toggle event would need to update the virtual device with the correct status after being "toggled".

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	448
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	1446208
        Len

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
        Linux version: Linux homeseer Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64
        Number of Devices: 633
        Number of Events: 773

Enabled Plug-Ins
        2.0.54.0: BLBackup
        2.0.40.0: BLLAN
        3.0.0.48: EasyTrigger
        30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
        3.0.6.2: SDJ-Health
        3.0.0.87: weatherXML
        3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by MaxFox View Post
          Hello the screenshot you posted seems to me to belong to HS3. When I create a Virtual Device in HS4 I no longer have the Status and Control choice. Why ?
          A lot of it is just an illusion with new HTML code.
          The HS3 deviceutility HTML page is still in HS4...

http://192.168.1.103:8080/devices.html

Click image for larger version  Name:	HS4 New.PNG Views:	0 Size:	158.0 KB ID:	1446285

http://192.168.1.103:8080/deviceutility

Click image for larger version  Name:	HS4 Old.PNG Views:	0 Size:	85.2 KB ID:	1446286

During the beta they had not finished developing / fixing the HTML for the device status & control page so we were using the old HTML deviceutility screen to edit and update those settings. What you can & cannot do in that area has not changed really. Just a horse of a different color. Still an old woman but with a new coat.

There is no control call toggle which HS would internally use to change the state from on to off or vice-versa.
          Devices can have different states off = 0, on = 100, on_alternate = 255, or whatever you define those values to mean.

I managed to lash together a Virtual Device that has a toggle control that can be toggled with 2 events.

I used the deviceutilty page (HS3 variant) to manipulate the status and control pairs separately so that the Control element's 'on' label says TOGGLE while the status element's on label says 'On'...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Toggle Switch and Control.PNG Views:	0 Size:	18.4 KB ID:	1446287

Click image for larger version  Name:	Toggle Switch.PNG Views:	0 Size:	39.2 KB ID:	1446288

Name:	Toggle Control.PNG
Views:	443
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	1446294

Click image for larger version  Name:	Event Toggle Off.PNG Views:	0 Size:	207.8 KB ID:	1446291
          Click image for larger version  Name:	Event Toggle On.PNG Views:	0 Size:	168.1 KB ID:	1446292

HS4 View:
          Click image for larger version  Name:	Toggle Switch and Control HS4.PNG Views:	0 Size:	18.2 KB ID:	1446293

There's no way to eliminate the "OFF" control button on the the Control item as it has to be set back to OFF by the events after being set to TOGGLE.
          Attached Files

Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
          Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, Google Nest, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, My Garage, OpenWeather, Spotify, Tuya Local. Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS

Comment

Originally posted by lveatch View Post
            I don't see why this can not be done in HS4 to a virtual device. You would need have 1-2 events to take action for when the Toggle button is pressed. The toggle event would need to update the virtual device with the correct status after being "toggled".

Views:	448
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	1446208
            And how would the event(s) know what the previous status was?

Comment

Originally posted by dbrunt View Post

And how would the event(s) know what the previous status was?
              With easytrigger plugin, it can easily be done.

Comment

With a normal HS4 virtual device, there is only the Feature Control as status and control and tied together and appear as a single feature Control. HS4 is attempting to tie the two old items status and value together to appear as a single entity when in fact they still really are not. The event engine no longer lets you see/test the status of a normal HS4 virtual separately with HS4 tools only hence why I resorted to HS3 deviceutility to manipulate them separately and then I could use them separately in the events.

Name:	Standard HS4 Virtual and the Event engine..PNG
Views:	478
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	1446299

I tried your way and no way, no how could I do it. You'd have to store the previous state of the standard HS4 virtual toggle switch in another virtual so that events could check the previous state and toggle the switch to the opposite of what it was before. If you'd care to prove me wrong and show how it can be done with one virtual and 2 events I'd be delighted to be enlightened!

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post

So native HS4 cannot do it with 1 virtual and 2 events, unless you sneak under the hood and separate control value and status like I did!

Comment

A lot of it is just an illusion with new HTML code.
                    The HS3 deviceutility HTML page is still in HS4...

Thank you very much for the information of considerable importance to me. It was a few days that I was trying to solve this problem and now you have given me the correct solution. Do you think that with the next HS4 updates they will solve the Control / Status problem or will I always have to use HS3 to create new Virtual Devices?

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post

oops, forgot that that capability was part of easytrigger vs native homeseer.

Views:	415
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	1446342
                      Len

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
                      Linux version: Linux homeseer Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64
                      Number of Devices: 633
                      Number of Events: 773

Enabled Plug-Ins
                      2.0.54.0: BLBackup
                      2.0.40.0: BLLAN
                      3.0.0.48: EasyTrigger
                      30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
                      3.0.6.2: SDJ-Health
                      3.0.0.87: weatherXML
                      3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

Comment

Iveatch
                        could you expand your IF statement so I can see how this was accomplished?

Comment

Originally posted by MaxFox View Post
                          Thank you very much for the information of considerable importance to me. It was a few days that I was trying to solve this problem and now you have given me the correct solution. Do you think that with the next HS4 updates they will solve the Control / Status problem or will I always have to use HS3 to create new Virtual Devices?
                          You'd have to ask HomeSeer...

Comment

Originally posted by sirbooker View Post
                            Iveatch
                            could you expand your IF statement so I can see how this was accomplished?
                            I believe that event is using the EasyTrigger plug-in which injects those desired functions into HS...

Comment

so in HS4 now when you create a virtual device you get 2 devices
                              one is the status and the other the control (on/off) and toggle
                              this does NOT work !
                              but
                              if you delete the control

and give the status the controls (on/off/toggle) it works...yip pee.
                              but this is not how Rich wants virtual devices setup when viewing Grid view
                              which for me I never use as I like the list view. 2cents
                              easytrigger would need to update to HS4 so you could select
                              morning alarm clock and then sub-feature Control
                              to make this work.

Name:	virtual.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	1446393

Name:	easytrigger.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	1446394