Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X10 Plugin stuck at "INFO:Starting" - Devices not working - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X10 Plugin stuck at "INFO:Starting" - Devices not working - Solved!

My Homeseer system has suffered some sort of issue and I'm having trouble getting it fully restored. I've had to restore my devices.json/events.json and my z-wave directory. Things are mostly working except I can't get the X-10 Plugin to start. On the Plugins page, it is stuck at 'INFO: Starting'. If I look in the logs, I see this:

1/7/2021 11:46:11 AM HomeSeer Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in X10
    1/7/2021 11:46:11 AM HomeSeer Starting Plug-In X10 loaded in 440 milliseconds
    1/7/2021 11:46:11 AM HomeSeer Starting Plug-In Plugin X10 started successfully in 240 milliseconds
    1/7/2021 11:46:11 AM Legacy-Plugin X10 INFO Starting Ti103 v3.0.0.46, using serial port: COM7
    1/7/2021 11:46:11 AM HomeSeer Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin X10 ...
    1/7/2021 11:46:11 AM HomeSeer Info Plugin X10 has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:60594

None of my X-10 devices respond. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this? I've restored some files from yesterday (when things were working), but I didn't restore everything in the Data directory, only things that looked like they had changed recently.

Thanks!

Jim

Have you tried removing the plugin and adding it back?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      Have you tried removing the plugin and adding it back?
      I just deleted and reinstalled the plugin and it is still behaving the same way. The log seems to indicate that the plugin has finished initializing, but the Plugins page still says "INFO: Starting" and X-10 commands are not being received by any X-10 device. Very frustrating. I'll have to keep poking around.

Is it possible that my X-10 Interface has just died? Things were working earlier this morning but not now. I suppose everything is either alive or dead at some point. Is there a simple way to verify if the Ti103 device is still working?

Jim

Comment

After playing around with things and removing and reinstalling the usb/serial device, I was able to get the X10 plugin working again. Not sure what happened, but at least things seem to be working again.

Jim

Comment

Had exactly the same issue.
          https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...0-plugin-stuck

Comment

Now I have a new problem with my X10 plugin. If I stop/restart HS4, the X10 plugin will tell me that it can't connect to the USB port. However, if I go into the plugin config and hit the 'Update' button, it will connect every time. At least I can work around this but it is a bit annoying that I can't just restart HS4 without manually getting the plugin to connect to the proper COM port. I'm not sure what I can do to correct the problem.

Comment

Working...
            X