Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't get simple event working - Solved!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get simple event working - Solved!

Click image for larger version

Name:	homeseer.png
Views:	263
Size:	406.5 KB
ID:	1446516
    I just started with Homeseer yesterday and I'm having trouble with getting events working. I setup a simple sunset event to turn on exterior lights and another sunrise event to turn them off but they aren't working.

The switches themselves work fine if triggered directly. Would appreciate any insight on where I'm going wrong.

Hello and welcome. What version of HS4 are you runnng?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

It doesn't look like your event is enabled. Hit the circle with the dash through it to enable.

Comment

Like Dweber85rc said, your event is disabled...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Event Enabled.PNG Views:	0 Size:	4.9 KB ID:	1446524
        HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.5.0 running on Lenovo ThinkCenter & Debian Linux
        Plugins: Z-Wave (via Nortek USB stick

Home Assistant 2021.10.6 running on HA "Blue" ODROID-N2
        Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
        Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, Google Nest, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, My Garage, OpenWeather, Spotify, Tuya Local. Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS
        Insteon: 2413S Dual Band PLM
        Zigbee: zzh! CC2652R Rev A
        Z-Wave: RaZberry daughtercard on RPi 1B via ser2net

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          Hello and welcome. What version of HS4 are you runnng?
          HS4 Standard Edition 4.1.10.0
          Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by dbrunt View Post
            Like Dweber85rc said, your event is disabled...

Click image for larger version Name:	Event Enabled.PNG Views:	0 Size:	4.9 KB ID:	1446524
            Thanks, I toggled it.
            I had a related question, I was expecting that clicking the 'little man' would trigger the event now but it did not do so. Does that mean time based triggers can't be tested via 'run now' and have to be waited out till the next time event (next sunset).

Comment

Looks like the event is not saved. Need to press the floppy disk save icon and then it will run.

Comment

Is this an HS4 thing or a lock thing or ??? Considering "Node 7" or "Node 9", what happens when one turns a door "ON" or "OFF"?
                HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
                Home Assistant 2024.3
                Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
                Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
                Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
                WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
                AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Originally posted by jrbaldwin View Post
                  Looks like the event is not saved. Need to press the floppy disk save icon and then it will run.
                  ...or that incomplete device entry needs to be trash canned.

Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
                  Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, Google Nest, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, My Garage, OpenWeather, Spotify, Tuya Local. Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS

Comment

Originally posted by indecisive View Post

Thanks, I toggled it.
                    I had a related question, I was expecting that clicking the 'little man' would trigger the event now but it did not do so. Does that mean time based triggers can't be tested via 'run now' and have to be waited out till the next time event (next sunset).
                    Triggers and conditions are bypassed when manually running an event. Only the actions are run.

You can't run an event though until all of the lines are collapsed meaning it is complete and saved.

Comment

Thank you! Everything is squared away and both the sunset (lights on) and midnight (lights off) events are working correctly. I think it was simply that it was disabled as Dweber85rc suggested.

Comment

Working...
                      X