startup.vb error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

startup.vb error

I have migrated from HS3 Pro to HS4 Pro. During the HS4 startup, I receive an error: "Compiling script Startup.vb: Visual Basic.Net Compiler .... vbnc : Command line : error VBNC2017: The libray 'Newtonsoft.Json.dll' could not be found. ..." The Newton.Json.dll is stored in the Homeseer directory and is referred in the settings.ini file (ScriptingReferences line). This dll is used by some of my vb scripts. After this start, the dll is deleted and I have to copy it again in the homeseer folder. My HS4 PRO is installed on a RASPBIAN rpi (not the HS4 rpi version). In HS3 PRO, everything work perfectly. Thanks for any help.

Homeseer does not want users to put Newtonsoft.Json.dll in the root directory as different versions of this dll are used by various plugins. This is the first place programs look when requiring a reference file. You should place it in the bin/{some name} directory and refer to that path in settings.ini.
    Jon

Comment

Thanks for the information - have seen this for several weeks. Files are located as where it is looking so tried reinstalling HS-4. Will move them to a new folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Weisel_Abode View Post
        Thanks for the information - have seen this for several weeks. Files are located as where it is looking so tried reinstalling HS-4. Will move them to a new folder.
        Try starting HS from its desktop icon. Does the startup error go away?
        Jon

Comment

Absolutely - why is this? The speaker works again and who knows what other VB code was not able to run. I have been slowly rebuilding after updating to HS-4 and made the leap to WIN10 platform. Lots of learning..and very little intuitive.

This is painful now as it took a while before I found how to get HS-4 to automatically start when the small Lenovo computer Windows is running on boots-up.

Any suggestions to rectify this - interim plan for now is see if i can create an event that tells me HS-4 is restarted (presumably from a computer reboot. Then I know I need to restart from the ICON.

Thank you!

Comment

I personally use startup delayer which does not cause this issue.
            Jon

Comment

Working...
            X