Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

User codes into KWIKSET locks - HS4 where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

User codes into KWIKSET locks - HS4 where?

I migrated to HS4 and the kwikset lockm oved. Where is the place I go to to set up codes (other than in the lock)

in the plugins goto zwave plugin

select lock management option

Comment

See that but it only lets me enter one and then says "max is 0" I deleted and readded it and now have no notifications. What is the proper way to add?

Comment

I had a similar issue with Schlage deadbolt lock.

The solution for me was to exclude the lock, and then include with the z-wave interface AS CLOSE AS PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE (think inches!) to the lock. They are incredibly sensitive to distance and RF "noise" and if the security exchange/handshake with the Zwave controlled is not perfect they get a whole host of weird issues.

Notably, once I did this they worked beautifully.

Comment

when I add it I get:

Add Node started...
          Activate the 'Add to Network' function on the device...
          A new node is being added...
          Adding a new SLAVE NODE...
          DONE - Add Node Operation is Complete.
          Done. Node 141 Added.
          Reloading (importing) node information...
          Synchronizing node information with HomeSeer and creating new device(s) as necessary...
          Synchronize nodes finished. Number of device nodes to be created/added = 1
          Adding using S0 Security, Negotiating or Verifying SECURITY SCHEME for node 141
          Warning: Failed to get a SECURITY SCHEME or verify the key from node 141. Device may not be added properly to HomeSeer.
          Warning: If this is an import, you may need to remove and add the device as some devices cannot be added with an import.
          Z-Wave manufacturer information for node 141, ID: 144=90H (Kwikset), Type: 1=1H, ID: 1=1H
          Node: 141 Supports Class(es): MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, VERSION, SECURITY
          Node 141 is Z-Wave version: Lib: 2.78 App: 1.3
          Enabling Lock status for Kwikset device Z-Wave Node 141 Kwikset Entry Control (141)

Is this normal or should i specify akey somewhere.

All I get is the root with nothing else (There was more in HS3)

Comment

Which version of the HS Z-wave plugin are you using?

Comment

Security scheme is exactly what I saw when the communication between the lock and the controller was not perfect.

How close were you able to get them when pairing? I would suggest 6" or less!

Comment

That was it. I moved the znet to next to the door (up and down stairs ... got in my steps!) and everything added. Thanks.

Comment

Happy that worked for you.

The locks are particularly sensitive to that ... I've learned the same way you did!

Comment

FYI, I just spent hours screwing around with a KwikSet Z-Wave lock, trying to get it to communicate properly... Somewhere here someone mentioned changing the batteries and I thought "That'll never work"... But sure enough. I took out my rechargeable batteries and put regular non-rechargeable batteries in it, and it securely included on the first try! After that I put my rechargeables back and all was well. Strange... But wanted to mention it.

Comment

I had issues with this lock showing up in Homeseer with all its functions, and solved them by doing a factory reset on the lock, THEN including it into my Zwave network. Do not set codes on the lock until it is included in the network. Everything works fine now.

Comment

Question for anyone following this thread: Is there a "lock management" option using the Hometroller Pi web interface? I successfully installed a kwikset 914 to my network (close range, no warnings during add procedure, lock/unlock functions work fine). However I cannot add or view lock codes anywhere in the interface. What am I missing?

Comment

I think I figured it out: I enabled "show legacy z-wave menu" and "show legacy z-wave config page", and suddenly saw a bunch of lock management options including user code programming. Wonder why that was disabled in Pi G2, and if the intention was to do it another way??

Comment

Working...
                          X