Compiling script Startup.vb error...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
    It’s difficult to know these days who’s an experienced Linux and who’s not but the giveaway in your case was Debian 10, the mothership.
    I started in IT in the 80's and have worked with systems much older in some of my early employment... at this point I pretty much qualify as Borg, there's not much tech nor many OS' I haven't had my hands on at least once. In the Linux world I tend to flip-flop between Debian and CentOS most of the time depending on the particular application.

Originally posted by concordseer View Post

I’m using Armbian myself with HS which requires the use of a lot of backports to keep on top of things.
    I have a few Raspberry Pi around, great little beasts. I don't tend to use the ARM platforms as much as I probably would/could. I have 2 VMWare servers at home and another "dev/play" server at the office so it's just use what's most convenient, and that usually for me means just spinning up a quick VM.

Comment

Originally posted by mcisar View Post

I started in IT in the 80's and have worked with systems much older in some of my early employment... at this point I pretty much qualify as Borg, there's not much tech nor many OS' I haven't had my hands on at least once. In the Linux world I tend to flip-flop between Debian and CentOS most of the time depending on the particular application.

I have a few Raspberry Pi around, great little beasts. I don't tend to use the ARM platforms as much as I probably would/could. I have 2 VMWare servers at home and another "dev/play" server at the office so it's just use what's most convenient, and that usually for me means just spinning up a quick VM.
      Armbian wouldn’t be my OS of choice but as HS is running on the Rock64 it’s the most reliable OS on that platform. Once you find the right combination it’s best to stick with it.

I don’t spend countless hours tinkering around with the install. I just create the relevant automations and leave it to do it’s own thing.

I’ve the minimum amount of plug ins installed too and this setup has been rock solid for the last couple of years right through distro upgrades and HS3 to HS4. Of course Mono is regularly updated too when necessary.

Comment

Working...
      X