Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to link multiple scene controllers and switches and keep them in sync?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to link multiple scene controllers and switches and keep them in sync?

Hi All,

Not sure this is the correct forum, but could not see a more appropriate one under HS4.

First, the objective:

In the family room, I have four lighting zones, each switched by a Cooper Aspire switch and two Cooper 5-button scene controllers. The scenes are various combinations of the four zones or the main light t the stairs. Also, an Aeon multilevel sensor at the entrance and Homeseer motion sensors at each end, since the entrance sensor cannot detect movement at the ends of the room.

On entry, the Multisensor motion triggers two lighting zones (Fish viewing scene), switching the switches to the ON state, switches a virtual light to ON, and starts a timer. Motion on any of the three motion sensors re-starts the timer as long as the virtual light is on. The virtual light is used to ensure continuity as switches are shut on or off or scenes changed.

How do I set the two scene controllers scenes to ON for this? Currently I have programmed that the event changes the status of the relevant scene button to ON, but this causes a momentary dim and flicker iin the lights as each scene controller changes its status. Any other changes in lighting zones just restarts the timer.

When the timer exceeds 30 minutes, the virtual light goes off and this triggers events to change the status of each switch and each scene controller to off.

Now the question:

Is there a way to change the status of the buttons of the scene controllers to 'scene on' without that change causing the various light switches to change to status ON, so as to avoid the perceivable delays in the process and the flickering of the lights?

Or alternatively, ,make this go so fast that flickering is not an issue?

Or am I thinking about this problem incorrectly?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Steve

+5

Ohhhhh. I'm certainly interested in this one..... I have a similar post in the Insteon forum... I can't seem to make mine work..

Comment

was hoping for some action .....

Crossedswords did you get it working??? if so share a few screen shots..

Devoir

Comment

There are two plug-ins you can try with : https://shop.homeseer.com/products/c...lug-in-for-hs3 and https://shop.homeseer.com/products/a...35664818&_ss=r

Eman.
        TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

I have several Cooper Scene controllers. My particular frustration with them is that when you send a command to them to change the LED indicator, that command also changes the state of the scene. If you don't care about the LEDs, the controllers seem to operate the scenes fine. For me, controlling the LEDs has always been a challenge. I have had mixed results with excluding and re-including the controller. Sometimes it changes behavior. Sometimes it changes behavior in the future. I am doubtful that optional plugins would change the way the Cooper Controller internal firmware operates.

Comment

Hi Devoir,

No, I never got this resolved.

Comment

Working...
            X