X10 devices vs HS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X10 devices vs HS4

Using HS3 at this moment and want to migrate to HS4 but.... I have still got X10 controlled devices for my roler shutters and some appliance modules.
    Reading in this topic I noticed that it is not possible to add X10 devices with House- unit code. I know that X10 is a bit old school but works as a charme.
    At this moment most of my devices are now ZigBee controlled but I do not have a satisfying replacement for the roler shutters.
    Is HS4 only advised with protocols other then X10?

Wil

I use a CM11A for my few remaining X10 devices, which has been rock solid for me.

In fact I recently got a new one off of eBay for $25 and there are numerous used ones available.

The free X10 CM11a Mark Fisher plugin works very well with that interface but requires a serial adaptor.

Comment

About a third of my switches and a dozen control modules are X-10 and work perfectly in HS4. I've changed things out to Z-Wave as the X-10 switches have failed or when remodeling. So no reason to fear using HS4. Is your real question what to use as a replacement?

Barry

Comment

Like Barry said, you will surely be fine, so just jump in and get the process started and migrate your X10 devices at your own pace.

You should be able to do what needs to be done to keep your system in top form, while learning your way around the HS4 experience.

Comment

I use a CM11A for my few remaining X10 devices (old thermostat), and no problems.

Comment

To reassure you if you migrate from HS3 to HS4 your X10 devices setup will remain intact and function exactly as they did in HS3.

Comment

Originally posted by lhfarm View Post
              About a third of my switches and a dozen control modules are X-10 and work perfectly in HS4. I've changed things out to Z-Wave as the X-10 switches have failed or when remodeling. So no reason to fear using HS4. Is your real question what to use as a replacement?

Barry
              The replacement is for sure ZigBee, very cheap, long battery life, mesh network and numerous suppliers, all devices are supported bij the ConBee II stick in combination with JowiHue plugin.

I did start a trial HS4 but was not able to set the codes when adding a new device to it. I am using the PMIX35 with the A10 plugin. I wil try once again. Thanks

Comment

When you want to set the device codes in HS4, go to the deviceutility page (you have to type it). This will bring you to the HS3 device page
                -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Hi,

I'm a new registered user to this forum and can't figure out how to post for help with my HS6 using the HS4 software. I have X10 hardware and am trying to use the CM15a interface. Can someone give me instruction for posting so I can get help?

Comment

Post in the HS3 Lighting>X10 sub forum section. You should get a reply there.

Comment

Thank you for responding, but it appears that I have not been approved to post yet.

Comment

Originally posted by BoStix View Post
                        Thank you for responding, but it appears that I have not been approved to post yet.
                        So how have you managed to post here if you’re not approved. I assume you mean you have not been approved to start a new topic. A couple more posts here should see you right to do that.

Comment

Working...
                        X