High CPU usage on Log entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High CPU usage on Log entry

I have very high CPU usage on the Log. In the log it self there is nothing special, and at this moment noone is in house or any sensors are trigged.
    But still it uses High CPU.
    Im Running 4.1.14.0

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-03-12_12-43-34.png
Views:	332
Size:	249.8 KB
ID:	1462397

It looks like you're running it many many times, I only have one occurrence of each executable running.

Comment

Strange, i have checked everything and all seems fine. Also restart doesent help. Still have high CPU usage. Even with disabling all plugins it is high CPU usage.

Comment

Originally posted by frankis78 View Post
        Strange, i have checked everything and all seems fine. Also restart doesent help. Still have high CPU usage. Even with disabling all plugins it is high CPU usage.
        What version of Mono is in use.

Comment

As a first step tried to press ctrl+H on htop

Comment

The cpu load and cputime intense for 12 ‘minutes of running.

Knowing what mono V is a good advice from Concorseer.
            Also , on what machine are you running this?

Comment

Thanks MattL0 - it's actually just H to stop showing threads in htop, but that explains the multiple entries.

OP - this isn't a Log process, it's just the main HS process.

Comment

Im using mono version 6.12.0.122
                It is running on a raspberry pi 3B+ with Raspbian stretch 9.13

Name:	2021-03-15_10-33-11.png
Views:	251
Size:	446.5 KB
ID:	1463048

Comment

You're fully up-to-date on Mono, and the CPU usage looks a little better.

That does look like a lot of threads though - do you have events running that don't finish? It seems to be creating threads on a fairly regular basis that are hanging around, which sounds like the sort of thing a hanging event script could cause.

But that's just a guess, unless someone who's seen this before or knows the internal HS architecture can say more.

Next step for me would be a process of elimination - turn stuff (plugins, events, etc) off one by one and see if anything helps, or turn everything off and turn things back on and see what hurts.

Comment

Im using mono version 6.12.0.122
                    It is running on a raspberry pi 3B+ with Raspbian stretch 9.13

Name:	2021-03-15_10-33-11.png
Views:	251
Size:	446.5 KB
ID:	1463048
                    What version of HS4 are you running, Standard/Pro/HomeTroller etc. What plugins are installed. You might want to look at upgrading to Raspbian Buster at this stage as Raspbian Stretch is no longer receiving updates other than security patches. There may well be firmware issues relating to your Raspberry Pi 3b+ which were addressed in Raspbian Buster.

At this stage anyone running Raspbian Buster should be preparing for a Raspbian Bullseye upgrade which should be in release shortly.

Comment

Thanks for good suggestions.
                      Im using the latest version of HS4 4.1.14.0
                      I have tried to restart and so on, and also tried to turn off all plugins, but still it uses a bit of CPU with no plugins running.
                      Maybe I should wait for Raspbian Bullseye to come out, and upgrade it to that instead

Date/time=15/03/2021 17:32:44 CET
                      Version=HS4 Standard Edition 4.1.14.0 (Linux)
                      MONO Version=Mono JIT compiler version 6.12.0.122 (tarball Mon Feb 22 17:52:29 UTC 2021)

License=Registered
                      Confguration File=/home/pi/HomeSeer/Data/HomeSeerData.json
                      Uptime=3 Days 0 Hours 6 Minutes 50 Seconds
                      Device Count=692
                      Event Count=86
                      Plugins Enabled=Z-Wave:,mcsMQTT:,Nest:,Philips Hue:,AK Ikea:,SensiboClimate:
                      Modules/Threads=81 Modules, 130 Threads
                      Available Threads=399
                      HomeSeer Memory Used=179 Mbytes
                      Plugins Installed=AK Ikea 4.0.0.9,mcsMQTT 5.15.1.0,Nest 3.0.0.34,Philips Hue 4.0.22.0,SensiboClimate 2.0.0.5,Z-Wave 3.0.2.0

Comment

Thanks for good suggestions.
                        Im using the latest version of HS4 4.1.14.0
                        I have tried to restart and so on, and also tried to turn off all plugins, but still it uses a bit of CPU with no plugins running.
                        Maybe I should wait for Raspbian Bullseye to come out, and upgrade it to that instead

Date/time=15/03/2021 17:32:44 CET
                        Version=HS4 Standard Edition 4.1.14.0 (Linux)
                        MONO Version=Mono JIT compiler version 6.12.0.122 (tarball Mon Feb 22 17:52:29 UTC 2021)

License=Registered
                        Confguration File=/home/pi/HomeSeer/Data/HomeSeerData.json
                        Uptime=3 Days 0 Hours 6 Minutes 50 Seconds
                        Device Count=692
                        Event Count=86
                        Plugins Enabled=Z-Wave:,mcsMQTT:,Nest:,Philips Hue:,AK Ikea:,SensiboClimate:
                        Modules/Threads=81 Modules, 130 Threads
                        Available Threads=399
                        HomeSeer Memory Used=179 Mbytes
                        Plugins Installed=AK Ikea 4.0.0.9,mcsMQTT 5.15.1.0,Nest 3.0.0.34,Philips Hue 4.0.22.0,SensiboClimate 2.0.0.5,Z-Wave 3.0.2.0
                        At this stage looking at the individual plugins might be the route to go before upgrading to Raspbian Buster.

Disable all plugins and enable one at a time to see if you can recreate the issue. You may also look at the individual plugin sections to see if any similar behaviour has been reported.

If you can’t isolate the issue after these checks, a full backup, install Raspbian Buster, HS4 with all it’s dependencies and a restore might be your best option.

Comment

I thing the loadaverage is more important. I see its around 2 which is ok for a 4 core system.

Regards, Walter

Comment

Originally posted by wallee View Post
                            I thing the loadaverage is more important. I see its around 2 which is ok for a 4 core system.

Regards, Walter
                            I can agree on that. Im not that good on linux, but i can see that when i have those high peaks on the instant load, that the browser also is slower to reload the page and it is very slow to work with HS4.
                            I will try to upgrade to Buster and see if that can help on it

Comment

Originally posted by wallee View Post

Regards, Walter
                              You should look at all 3 load averages (1, 5 and 15 minutes).

---
                              John

Comment

Working...
                              X