Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

event pages pulling from external 3rd party webserver.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

event pages pulling from external 3rd party webserver.

I'll send in a bug report, once I find where to do that.
    But this is something for all to be aware of.

The event detail page (the one with the actual steps to execute) pulls from a third party web server.
    Just discovered when I tried to look at an event while my router was rebooting, and the page wouldn't load until the router came back up.

it retrieves several items from fontawesome.com (3 fonts, 3 css files, and 1 js file)
    everything else comes from the web server on my HS machine.

So basically.
    if your internet goes out, you might have issues editing an event. Even though you have full access to your HS server.

https://fontawesome.com/how-to-use/o...esome-yourself
    HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.5.0 running on Lenovo ThinkCenter & Debian Linux
    Plugins: Z-Wave (via Nortek USB stick

Home Assistant 2021.10.6 running on HA "Blue" ODROID-N2
    Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
    Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, Google Nest, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, My Garage, OpenWeather, Spotify, Tuya Local. Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS
    Insteon: 2413S Dual Band PLM
    Zigbee: zzh! CC2652R Rev A
    Z-Wave: RaZberry daughtercard on RPi 1B via ser2net

Comment

I would submit as a bug. HS should install and reference local copy
      tenholde

Comment

I just disabled both of my modems, killing internet and my HS4 instance has no problems when my internet is disabled. I wonder if it isn't a plug-in looking for those fonts.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Hmm. I wonder what effect the browser cache has on this?

Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
          Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, Google Nest, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, My Garage, OpenWeather, Spotify, Tuya Local. Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS

Comment

Originally posted by dbrunt View Post
            Hmm. I wonder what effect the browser cache has on this?
            In my case, I doubt any. I have a brand new Laptop, never had HS installed on it. It is only a couple of days old and hadn't even browsed to my production system, so there was no way any images could be cached. I copied the HomeSeer folder structure from my production pc to a brand new directory on the laptop. Then I turned off WiFi and started HS4, other than being unhappy that it couldn't find Arduinos, Z-Nets, OWServers, etc., it ran fine. Events opened and rendered correctly and quickly.

As a second test, I killed the two modems again, cleared all cache and cookies on Chrome and worked with my production server. Again no problems at all. Then I tried Edge and Explorer (neither of which had ever been used) from my new laptop with the same results.
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I wonder if wes was experiencing some sort of a DNS lookup issue then...

Comment

Working...
              X