Cameras setup for HS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cameras setup for HS4

I need help on how to setup my cameras in HS4. I have issues in with Autodiscovery not working and there is no way to enter a id/password when setting up a manual camera.
    Some info.
    1. I have 2 homes each with its own HS4 (home and mountain cabin)
    2. Both homes use the same models of Dahua cameras.
    3. The autodiscover works fine in my home and it found all my cameras as "AMCREST" cameras. I was able to enter id/password without problem
    4. In my mountain home, cameras are not found through autodiscovery.
    5. I can manually enter the IP address but there is no way to enter the id/password.
    6. Entering the user id/password in the url is not allowed/possible. I've tried all variations like http://useridassword@ipaddress.....
    7. I can successfully use the snapshot/streaming urls in a browser after I enter id/password.
    I use the same router, firewall settings, cable company, etc.

Any help/advice or references would be great.
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

For my Hikvision Doorbell I use (no autodiscovery)

Uncheck Auto Detected Cameras and manually insert the camera stuff.

1- ONVIF for the snapshot which doesn't require a user name or password.

hxxp://192.168.244.152/onvif/snapshot.jpg

2 - RTSP for the streaming with the login / password in the link.

rxxp://adminassword@192.168.244.152

Assuming that Dahua is similiar to the Hikvision. You can typically google the JPG capture and or RTSP links for your model camera. You are already doing this anyhow in the browser.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post

Uncheck Auto Detected Cameras and manually insert the camera stuff.

1- ONVIF for the snapshot which doesn't require a user name or password.

hxxp://192.168.244.152/onvif/snapshot.jpg

2 - RTSP for the streaming with the login / password in the link.

rxxp://adminassword@192.168.244.152

Assuming that Dahua is similiar to the Hikvision. You can typically google the JPG capture and or RTSP links for your model camera. You are already doing this anyhow in the browser.
      I know the URLs but they require a password. Even the snapshot. I did not try the RTSP link but will try that. Thanks for replying.
      James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post

I stand corrected. I am not sure what is different but your rtsp option worked and then I tried the same thing for the snapshot (putting the useridassword in the URL) and it worked. Not sure why I couldn't get it to work before but your response helped. Thanks.
        James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Good news James. Lately using ONVIF, RTSP and JPG captures. Best way to test is to utilize VLC.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

hello ; if you can help me ; i can see my camera screen on HS and HSbuddy with RTSP, but i have not the IR image in the night, and no alert on motion detection on the HS application .

SC2000 Ti368 9P006IP 1080P Caméra ONVIF w/Support IR 15m Extérieur 5MP CMOS 3.6mm Objectif Avec POE Moduel En couleur blanche https://www.amazon.fr/9P006IP-Suppor.../dp/B00IX9E66E

Comment

Originally posted by jasv View Post

I stand corrected. I am not sure what is different but your rtsp option worked and then I tried the same thing for the snapshot (putting the useridassword in the URL) and it worked. Not sure why I couldn't get it to work before but your response helped. Thanks.
              How did you get it working?

I have the recording operational but the live stream is not working.

---
              John

Comment

hello, thanks a lot but i bought a reolink one , separated from HS ; olivier

Comment

Working...
                X