Plugin choices gone???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin choices gone???

I'm a little lost here .... for the past several months if i selected "ADD Plugin" it would show the icons of HS4 & HS3 stuff....

now all i get is this go find it if you can window...

is this a bug or a new release?

Click image for larger version  Name:	plugin r1.jpg Views:	210 Size:	11.7 KB ID:	1467622

Have you installed a plugin manually that required an updater override and forgot to delete it when you finished?

Comment

Try clearing the browser cache and restart HS.

Comment

Originally posted by devoir View Post
        <snip>
        is this a bug or a new release?
        A new release/feature... Sorry, can't help but I would do what concordseer suggested, i.e. restart HS.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions

shutdown HS4

Cleared browser cache

restarted HS4

event tried this three times for good luck

........well............ pooop..... great advise but no luck... I still get the same screen no Plugin's

Using web browser Google Crime Version 88.0.4324.190 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I dusted off the sheets and even tried internet explorer which hasn't been used in almost 9 moths.

Certainly appreciate any thought or suggestions on what to test next.

and to answer pcburcham

I haven't changed any Plugin in several weeks..... I had just installed 3 new NEXT smoke alarms and wanted to add that HS3plugin. This is when I noticed the change in the look of HS4...

Comment

Is the HS4 program maybe blocked by the Windows Firewall (if you run windows)? You can check this by disabling the windows firewall temporary?
            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

You may have experienced file corruption at some stage. If you have a known good backup you could restore it to see if that solves the problem. Alternatively you could back up your current configuration, reinstall HS4 and restore that backup.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions:

Turned off windows firewall
                Turned off AVAST

restarted HS4

same result...

I'll try an older version of the HS4 from a backup...... uggg..the changes I'll lose...

Comment

I loaded a backup from 30 days ago.... no luck same result..... Plugin's are not shown

Comment

Check the HomeSeer root folder for a file named "updater_override.txt"; remove if present.

Verify your HS server can reach the update server:
                    From a cmd window,
                    Code:
                    ping www.homeseer.com
                    ping find.homeseer.com

Comment

Yuch, that is a good one zwolfpack if you forget the overriding option one, I am sure one can get crazy....
                      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

I checked the HS4 root folder. NO "updater_override.txt"; file

Next testing these

ping find.homeseer.com
                        ping www.homeseer.com

PC running HS4 ping request could not find HOST.....

I even turn off the VPN rebooted the HS4 same result ping request could not find HOST.....

================

Interesting I have two additional computers on the same network both can see the Ping wwww.homeseer.com

Neither are successful with the PING find.homeseer.com

Click image for larger version  Name:	Updater r2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	102.7 KB ID:	1468117

Appreciate your input and direction on this...

Devoir

Comment

Sorry I didn't verify that find.homeseer.com answers ping requests ... it doesn't. So instead, try
                          Code:
                          curl -I https://find.homeseer.com/findhomeseer/
                          This should return something like
                          Code:
                          HTTP/1.1 200 OK
                          Cache-Control: private
                          Content-Length: 3637
                          Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
                          Server: Microsoft-IIS/8.5
                          Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 04:18:02 GMT
                          The first line "200 OK" is the important part.

Not clear if you can/can't ping www.homeseer.com from your HS server? If not, that's the problem; you need to look at the networking configuration for that machine.

Comment

In a Windows command prompt do this:

ipconfig /flushdns

Then try your pings again. If you continue to get the "could not find host error" then your issue is a DNS one. You need to be able to resolve the hostnames to IP.

Comment

Check to ensure you do not have IPV6 enabled as I've seen it cause this issue as well.
                              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                              X