X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virtual Device - Status only device - change label issue

Hello,

I have just migrated from HS3 to HS4

All my status only devices were migrated all ok, and work as expected.

I have just come to create another. Absolutely the same. The script that updates the Label, is the same, only the parameters change. Following is the code that sets the Label.

hs.SetDeviceStringByName(deviceName, temperature & " °C", True)

It's not for the newly HS4 created Virtual device.

I have found a number off differences in the virtual device configuration options.

The migrated Virtual devices do not have an entries in the 'Features' tab, however The new HS4 device is created with one, thus I removed it, as I do not want a button, just status.

Note: The garage temperature is a migrated virtual, which works.

Is this a bug?... seems odd that the migrated ones work as expected. But not a newly created one.
    Attached Files

I think I was just doing this same thing yesterday...lets see.
    1. I created a Virtual Device in HS4.
    2. I then deleted its 2 default entries on the Status/Graphics tab under the heading of "Edits Status/Controls". This is just a status and I don't want any controls.
    3. I set the Status/Graphics to have the value, label and graphics I want.
    4. I left the default Control feature alone.
    5. I get the virtual ID of the Control device (not the root device, but the child device one listed on the bottom of the Status/Graphics page).
    6. I set that in script via hs.SetDeviceValueByRef but I cant image it wouldn't work if I did SetDeviceStringByName like you are,

Comment

Hello zeleznikja , As per item 6 in your list, what is odd is that

hs.SetDeviceStringByName(deviceName, temperature & " °C", True)

Does work for the devices migrated from H3, this is so odd, it must be something to do with the creation of the virtual device. Migration Works, Creation does not.

Very odd

John

Comment

I have got to the bottom of it. It seems you can create a virtual device with the same name as an existing device! aka on the same floor and room and same device name!

I'm surprised the system allowed this!

Anyhow removed the old device, was an old z-wave device no longer in use. Recreated the new virtual, all is fine.

Comment

HS3 (and now HS4) has always allowed duplicate names. Always thought that was stupid.
          tenholde

Comment

Working...
          X