Plugin for OmniLogic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin for OmniLogic

I have a Hayward Omnilogic panel and would love for some sort of integration with HS4. I am not sure how many OmniLogic or Omni users are out there that would like this though. I see that an integration library has been posted here (https://github.com/djtimca/omnilogic-api), but I have no idea how to make a plugin. Lol.

I just wanted to post this incase anyone would be interested on working on one, or to see if there is any demand for one.

Originally posted by Peiloy View Post
    I have a Hayward Omnilogic panel and would love for some sort of integration with HS4. I am not sure how many OmniLogic or Omni users are out there that would like this though. I see that an integration library has been posted here (https://github.com/djtimca/omnilogic-api), but I have no idea how to make a plugin. Lol.

I just wanted to post this incase anyone would be interested on working on one, or to see if there is any demand for one.

I was interested in adding OmniLogic solely so I could control it by HS. But decided to just build a system of Zwave relays, Temperature probes, and actuator valves in place of the OmniLogic panel. However, I still might be interested in an OmniLogic integration.

Have you looked at the Aquaconnect Plugin for HS3 and the OmniLogic panel? I think there was an issue where the rs232 - rs485 adapter was no longer available. I didn't dig further because I felt it was easier for me to just build a box of relays and probes to be controlled by HS events. I am going to follow this post. Hopefully we can share experiences with our endevour.

Comment

Interesting timing. I'm in the process of building my own Pi-based pool controller using a Pentair controller. I'm using this guide:
      https://www.reddit.com/r/pools/comme...trolled_using/
      HS4Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi4
      79 Z-Wave Nodes, 131 Events, 383 Devices
      Z-Wave, UPB, WiFi
      Plugins: EasyTrigger, weatherXML, OMNI, Z-Wave, Tuya, Device History
      HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
        Interesting timing. I'm in the process of building my own Pi-based pool controller using a Pentair controller. I'm using this guide:
        https://www.reddit.com/r/pools/comme...trolled_using/
        Rob, I'm using the Pentair Intellivalve actuators so they can be controlled manually, locally at the valve. They retail for a few hundred dollars each but I found them for $189/ea. I chose not to use a separate Pi in favor of letting HS control the Zwave Temperature sensors and relays. Let's stay in touch and possibly share ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post

Rob, I'm using the Pentair Intellivalve actuators so they can be controlled manually, locally at the valve. They retail for a few hundred dollars each but I found them for $189/ea. I chose not to use a separate Pi in favor of letting HS control the Zwave Temperature sensors and relays. Let's stay in touch and possibly share ideas.
          sounds good!
          HS4Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi4
          79 Z-Wave Nodes, 131 Events, 383 Devices
          Z-Wave, UPB, WiFi
          Plugins: EasyTrigger, weatherXML, OMNI, Z-Wave, Tuya, Device History
          HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

I was interested in adding OmniLogic solely so I could control it by HS. But decided to just build a system of Zwave relays, Temperature probes, and actuator valves in place of the OmniLogic panel. However, I still might be interested in an OmniLogic integration.

Have you looked at the Aquaconnect Plugin for HS3 and the OmniLogic panel? I think there was an issue where the rs232 - rs485 adapter was no longer available. I didn't dig further because I felt it was easier for me to just build a box of relays and probes to be controlled by HS events. I am going to follow this post. Hopefully we can share experiences with our endevour.
            From what I can see the Aquaconnect plugin does not work. The OmniLogic uses HTTP control. The library that I posted should have all of the information, but not knowing how to code, I am not sure how useful it is.

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post

sounds good!
              Rob,
              Here is what I'm using so far to construct:

GE Smart Switch - For pump control
              Fibaro implant - For digital temp sensors (requires latest beta Zwave plugin)
              Valve relays - Zooz only provides a SPST relay, the valves need SPDT
              Temp Sensors for Fibaro
              Zooz 16
              Terminal strip to tie it all together
              Various cable glands for the case below
              Weatherproof case(I just ordered a larger case than this one.)
              2 Pentair Intellivalve Actuators (works with all manual valves)
              Power converter to supply 12V DC to the Zooz, and the relays above from the 24VAC needed for the valves

Post here or PM me if you would like more info or to collaborate.

Comment

Originally posted by Peiloy View Post

From what I can see the Aquaconnect plugin does not work. The OmniLogic uses HTTP control. The library that I posted should have all of the information, but not knowing how to code, I am not sure how useful it is.
                maybe the Big5 plugin would help? it is supposed to be able to send HTTP

Comment

maybe the Big5 plugin would help? it is supposed to be able to send HTTP
                  That is what I was thinking, but the link I posted is all in Python which I have no clue about. So I am unsure on how to proceed.

Comment

Just giving this a bump to see if anyone is interested in taking up this project. I am seeing that a couple of other automation platforms were able to develop an integration, so it is possible, just needs someone who knows how to do it.

Comment

Working...
                    X