No announcement yet.

Z-Wave or Zigbee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what it shows. There are associated devices, but lock/unlock does not function.

I'm going to exclude the device and reset the z-wave database as you suggested.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 09-11-21 at 08.29 AM.PNG
Views:	133
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	1495094

Comment

I was able to get 48 back to what it originally was and is. A set of floodlights controlled by HS floodlight sensor.

Then I was able to add the lock back in as a new node 51. But no associations and consequently no controls.
      ReScan did nothing. I don't have any idea which hoop to jump through next, except switch to the zigbee module.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 09-11-21 at 09.22 AM.PNG Views:	0 Size:	33.1 KB ID:	1495102Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 09-11-21 at 09.29 AM.PNG Views:	0 Size:	30.3 KB ID:	1495103Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 09-11-21 at 09.28 AM.PNG Views:	0 Size:	11.5 KB ID:	1495104

Comment

Are your two Z-Net's on independent networks (different HomeID's) or are they in a primary-secondary arrangement on the same network? It's concerning that the lock ended up on the same node ID as the sensor.

What kind of lock is this? I included three of these a couple of years ago with no issues. I had them 15-20 feet as the (plaster burrowing) crow flies, from the Z-Net during the include.

Comment

zwolfpack As always, thanks for your suggestions, you were spot on.

I finally resolved the issues. I don't know how it ended up on the wrong z-net as they are different home-ids. I suppose it could have been user error, though I doubt it.

As far as the next try, I believe it was a corrupt database that put the lock in the same node as one of my outdoor sensors. That's resolved now.

I was also able to resolve the failure to negotiate security probably due to the older batteries they supply with the lock. A fresh set of batteries solved the include issue. I was even able to add user codes via the Lock Management section.

I'm not seeing battery level yet, but I'll wait a day to see if that pops up.
          ​​​​

Comment

Great! I recall that the battery levels took about a day to show up.

Comment

I have 3x Yale Real Living Z-wave locks. Their modules support network inclusion, meaning you don't have to do the ultra-short range S1 secure inclusion but you may have older ones. You do need powered zwave plus nodes as relays for that to work.

Mine have been rock solid. I get 4-6 months per set of batteries.

Comment

Working...
              X