Typeahead functionality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Typeahead functionality

Is it beneficial for the user base to have typeahead functionality available in HS4?

For me a Use Case is typeahead functionality for selecting the devices in events.

I suggest that we add the Use Cases to this topic. I will create a ticket and will reference to this topic.

---
    John

I have this in as a feature request and it was acknowledged and I have added a link to this thread. HSCS-1029
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
      I have this in as a feature request and it was acknowledged and I have added a link to this thread. HSCS-1029
      Can you paste your Use Cases in this thread, so we will not create duplicates.

---
      John

Comment

I just updated it and had a reply:

Matt Cave

1 minute ago
        The forum is largely for user-to-user communication, we ask that feature requests be made on the help desk so we can accurately track demand.

I would add another case on the help desk as it looks like they are using this to track multiples as demand.

​​​​​​​Greig.
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

I just updated it and had a reply:

Matt Cave

1 minute ago
          The forum is largely for user-to-user communication, we ask that feature requests be made on the help desk so we can accurately track demand.

I would add another case on the help desk as it looks like they are using this to track multiples as demand.

Greig.
          I created HSCS-7145.

But for the users it will be helpful to post the ideas here.

---
          John

Comment

The answer t my ticket was: " Unfortunately we have no plans on using this style of functionality." They acknowledged that they receive your ticket or that they will implement?

---
            John

Comment

Whilst this type of request is icing on the cake, would it not be better if HST actually placed their resources on delivering the functionality that they promised when they announced HS4?
              Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                Whilst this type of request is icing on the cake, would it not be better if HST actually placed their resources on delivering the functionality that they promised when they announced HS4?
                I don't disagree. But the addition of Node-support was also not on the roadmap and the user base is using it heavily.

Is there an overview of the promised functionality?

---
                John

Comment

Originally posted by John245 View Post

I don't disagree. But the addition of Node-support was also not on the roadmap and the user base is using it heavily.

Is there an overview of the promised functionality?

---
                  John
                  There was but it has been withdrawn:

Click image for larger version

Name:	HS4Roadmap.PNG
Views:	107
Size:	181.8 KB
ID:	1473291
                  Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

There was but it has been withdrawn:

Name:	HS4Roadmap.PNG
Views:	107
Size:	181.8 KB
ID:	1473291
                    Ok, for that one the prioritization from the user base could be found here

---
                    John

Comment

I made the device (and event) lists searchable which was the original suggestion by enigmatheatre HSCS-1029. It will probably be in next version 4.1.17.0
                      Typeahead functionality is a little different and will not be implemented for now.

Name:	searchable.JPG
Views:	121
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	1473304

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                        I made the device (and event) lists searchable which was the original suggestion by enigmatheatre HSCS-1029. It will probably be in next version 4.1.17.0
                        Typeahead functionality is a little different and will not be implemented for now.

Thank you, spud

This should make event building much faster for the user.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Scripts =
                        Various

Comment

Hi Spud,

Thnx, that will at least make life easier.

---
                          John

Comment

I agree that typeahead is slightly different but bootstrapppers are available for this. TYpeahead is used in a lot of modern web interfaces and is very user friendly.

---
                            John

Comment

Working...
                            X