Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS4 Linux won't update to .16 using the radio button.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 Linux won't update to .16 using the radio button.

I have tried several times to update to v 4.1.16.0 using the upgrade radio button under Setup. In a terminal tailing the syslog activity which looks like it is trying but in the end other than the setup page going away for a time period, nothing happens.
    Has anyone else seen this and is there a fix?

Regards
    Steve

What OS and platform are you using.

Comment

If you are using HS4 on a Linux system you built the update does not work. It has been promised as a feature for a long time

Comment

I actually saw a post on this the other day, but I'm mobile so I can't link it...

The update in Linux was fixed as of 4.1.14.0. So, if you update to 4.1.14.0, you CAN update to 4.1.16.0 using the update button on a Linux system.

I can confirm it worked because I literally did it last night -- manually upgraded to 4.1.14.0, then used the update button in the HS4 GUI to update to 4.1.16.0.

Only thing I would note is that it fully restarted the Linux machine, and I had to manually restart the HS4 services after the restart. Otherwise the update was successful.

Comment

Linux HS4 still won't update using the update button. I have tried it several time without success. Has anyone made progress with this problem. I manually to updated to 4.1.14 but when I saw the update 4.1.18 I tried again without luck, it now shows v4.2.0.0 and again the same thing. I does something the screen, refreshes and when it comes back it is at the same version 4.1.14.
          After a reboot I get the message "Reinstall Update" After which i get a window:

Error downloading file: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
          Parameter name: startIndex

What do I do now?

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by RebelT View Post
            I actually saw a post on this the other day, but I'm mobile so I can't link it...

The update in Linux was fixed as of 4.1.14.0. So, if you update to 4.1.14.0, you CAN update to 4.1.16.0 using the update button on a Linux system.

I can confirm it worked because I literally did it last night -- manually upgraded to 4.1.14.0, then used the update button in the HS4 GUI to update to 4.1.16.0.

Only thing I would note is that it fully restarted the Linux machine, and I had to manually restart the HS4 services after the restart. Otherwise the update was successful.
            Still does not work for me. Have to do it manually. The .gz update file gets downloaded to the Homeseer directory but it's never extracted.

Pi4
            # uname -a
            Linux raspberrypi4 5.10.17-v7l+ #1403 SMP Mon Feb 22 11:33:35 GMT 2021 armv7l GNU/Linux

Comment

It was fixed in one of the recent beta versions, 4.1.100.x.
              Just do 4.2 manually and it will work from then on. supposedly...

Comment

Great if it is true. Thanks for the info.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                X