Unable to backup HS4 system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to backup HS4 system

I'm having an issue with my HS4 Pro installation on my HomeTroller SEL. When I try to back the system up via the Backup/Restore option, the system becomes unresponsive and then reboots. I'm assuming it reboots; it doesn't tell me it's rebooting, the webpage just doesn't load for a couple minutes. Even before I upgraded from HS3 to HS4 I had this issue, so I know it's not isolated to the HS4 installation.

I've had an open ticket in with support for quite some time. I've traded emails back and forth a couple dozen times to no avail. I saw on the release notes for yesterday's update 4.1.17.0 has a note that says "HS-945 Attempting to perform a backup on an SEL is causing it to crash". When I saw this at work I was excited to get home and install the update and backup my system. Update installed, system came back to life, attempt a backup and get the same exact result.

Does anyone have a clue what may be happening? If not, is there another way I can backup my system? I'm considering a clean install of HS4, so if someone has the best route to take there, that would be cool too.

I don't run any plug-ins, mainly zwave devices if that matters. Anything else that would help, ask and I'll do my best to answer.

Thanks in advance
Working...
X