Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 setup page missing from 4.1.18

The HS3 setup page is no longer available in HS4 version 4.1.18.0

If I try to go to http://local_ip_addr/setup, I now get a 404 page not found error.

This page was the only way I could change the format of the log display from AM/PM to 24hr format.

If there is a setting somewhere else, please advise me. Otherwise, I am disappointed in the update.

Originally posted by jblogs12 View Post

If I try to go to http://local_ip_addr/setup, I now get a 404 page not found error.

This page was the only way I could change the format of the log display from AM/PM to 24hr format.

If there is a setting somewhere else, please advise me. Otherwise, I am disappointed in the update.
    It was generally accepted that we skip v18 and wait for v19. Plenty of posts on the subject here. Roll back to v17 and wait for the v19 release.

Comment

Yes, looks like it has been removed.

rjh Rich needs to be aware of this.
      Jon

Comment

What is the reason for skipping .18?

Originally posted by concordseer View Post

It was generally accepted that we skip v18 and wait for v19. Plenty of posts on the subject here. Roll back to v17 and wait for the v19 release.
        website | buy now | support | youtube

Comment

We are removing HS3 pages since they no longer work properly.

For your issue, the log page uses the regional format of your system for formatting dates. What type of system are your using?

Originally posted by jblogs12 View Post

Comment

Generally accepted?

Comment

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post

Generally accepted?
              Yes if you don’t want to deal with the items that were encountered by the early adopters of the release, don’t upgrade.

Comment

Yes if you don’t want to deal with the items that were encountered by the early adopters of the release, don’t upgrade.
                What are these issues? The only posts I've seen about 4.1.18 is with the Linux build and additional files. I'm not seeing any issues here on Windows?
                Jon

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post

For your issue, the log page uses the regional format of your system for formatting dates. What type of system are your using?

Rich, I'm a bit disappointed with the loss of the setup page too. I now cannot change the layout of the HS3 device utility page as the web site settings are gone.
                  Jon

Comment

Well, the deviceutilty page will be leaving soon also, we cannot support the older pages. Right now they are missing some info. Why can you not use the new list view?

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

Rich, I'm a bit disappointed with the loss of the setup page too. I now cannot change the layout of the HS3 device utility page as the web site settings are gone.

Comment

Well, the deviceutilty page will be leaving soon also, we cannot support the older pages. Right now they are missing some info. Why can you not use the new list view?

I can but it has missing features or has speed issues compared to the HS3 device utility page (so I still use it).

1) Sorting by name only sorts by parent name. In the device utility page you can un-group and sort by name for all devices.
                      2) No means to sort by address.
                      3) Control drop downs with a large number of entries take ages to render (if they do) with page unresponsive messages (see below). No issue using the HS3 device utility page. Scrolling is a pain too with drop-downs as you have to scroll the entire page rather than just the section. I understand it is for mobile use but I don't configure/use Homeseer front-end on a mobile device.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	307
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	1484257

I also personally like the compactness of the device utility page. Far too much white-space on list view.

What other HS3 legacy pages are you intending to remove?

If you disable the HS3 plugins page then there will be an outcry from users as my plugin disable/enable utility will fail. Very popular due to misbehaving plugins with over 1300 downloads to date. You will have to provide a mechanism to enable and disable individual plugins via events.

If you disable the HS3 events page then my Event viewer and documenter will fail. The API does not provide the information shown in the utility and also detects broken events. I expect there will also be outcry if this is no longer available.

Jon

Comment

It would now appear that our worst fear with regard to legacy pages has finally come to pass.

And, its going to blow a gaping hole in the jon00 links plugin that has been so very helpful.

I use the legacy plugins page for updates that often do now appear in the HS4 page.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Haig View Post
                          It would now appear that our worse fear with regard to legacy pages has finally come to pass.

And, its going to blow a gaping hole in the jon00 links plugin that has been so very helpful.

I use the legacy plugins page for updates that often do now appear in the HS4 page.
                          HS - PLEASE leave the legacy pages intact. There are plenty of complaints about the new HS4 interface. At least we have a workaround which is to use the legacy pages. Please don't take that away.
                          Last edited by avpman; July 16, 2021, 10:54 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

I am running HS4 on Raspberry PI. I don't want to change the regional settings of the system, I just want to be able to have 24hr format in the log pages.

Also, I want to add my vote to the list of users wanting to keep the HS3 web pages.

Comment

I try not to be critical but to remove the HS3 pages before all the reported bugs and missing features in the HS4 pages are resolved would be very bad news! I can cope, somewhat reluctantly, with the look of the HS4 pages and I try to use them as much as possible, but there are times I have to drop back to the HS3 pages because some things just can't be done. I stopped submitting tickets as my last one in April still hasn't been addressed.

Perhaps HS needs to regroup these issues and request a list of things people are unable to do without resorting to the HS3 pages before proceeding further. If so it should be an open thread that we can all contribute to rather than the ticket system where we can't see what others are reporting.

That's just me 2p as a long time user and plug-in developer, who really likes HomeSeer and wants it to succeed.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X