No announcement yet.

HS3 setup page missing from 4.1.18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My issue is I have updated to 4.1.18.2 and still do not have the _setup.html page, rather a 404 error.

I tried different browsers and nuking browser cache but I cannot get it to display.

All of the other legacy pages are working just not the _setup.html.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Haig View Post
      My issue is I have updated to 4.1.18.2 and still do not have the _setup.html page, rather a 404 error.

I tried different browsers and nuking browser cache but I cannot get it to display.

All of the other legacy pages are working just not the _setup.html.
      I think the _setup.html page created by Jon00 Links? If I recall when Jon00 Links is installed it created a bunch of wrapper html pages around the HomeSeer pages. For example Jon00 links creates _setup.html that just redirects to the HomeSeer setup page.

Can you just try to access ip_address/setup to see if you get to the HomeSeer setup page?

Comment

Originally posted by drhtmal View Post

I think the _setup.html page created by Jon00 Links? If I recall when Jon00 Links is installed it created a bunch of wrapper html pages around the HomeSeer pages. For example Jon00 links creates _setup.html that just redirects to the HomeSeer setup page.

Can you just try to access ip_address/setup to see if you get to the HomeSeer setup page?
        No its not there. I believe Rich is going to reinstate it on the next update....
        Jon

Comment

Not only is the "setup" page still missing from 4.1.18.2, but now the "status", "ControlPanel", and "About" pages are also missing. I understood from Rich's posts that this version had re-instated the setup page.

Comment

I am glad it's not just me, but I think the quick fix by Rich was done kind of on the fly, and may need to be revisited.

And there was a problem with with 4.18.1 whereas the log got reset to 1999 and most likely 4.18.2 was rushed a wee bit.

My guess is something got bollixed in the rush to push both versions out due to the plethora of push back over missing pages.

Comment

Hello
              therefore it seems that I'm not the only person complaining about this HS4. I have already expressed my disapproval of abandoning some pages that were in HS3 but I would like to try to make a different speech. Here the problem is not to discuss the difference between the two versions but here instead I would put at the center the problem of usability which in the new version is very questionable. Why don't you try to do a large-scale test of all forum users? I'm not sure but this could be a democratic choice. My opinion is not important even if we are many who say the same words in favor of a total reinterpretation of this new version. I would be delighted to abandon the old for an improvement but in this case, with all the good will in the world, where is this improvement? I can't understand. Rich's words were clear, I hope that many choices made for the HS4 version are revised in favor of a version that will be graphically better also from the point of view of usability. I know HomeSeer 7 years ago, I've always seen an improvement in updates and the latest HS3 was and is very stable. I also want to go forward and not back but I would be very sorry if going forward means losing the results obtained.
              Massimo-RenderCAD

Comment

Just wanted to post an update. HS 4.2 is released and most of the HS3 pages have been put back in case you want to use them. However, my goal is to make HS4 work for everyone, the basic user who only uses their phone and our power users. HS has always been a more advanced product so it should continue to offer the advanced features that our current users have enjoyed. I have created a list of requests from this thread and others and have a good idea what needs to change. I will be posting betas with the changes and I would like some feedback. 4.2 already has some of the changes that have been requested.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                X