Z-Wave Device Not Responding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave Device Not Responding

I added a Cooper Wiring Slave dimmer using the z-tool+ app on my phone. All messages shown on the phone looked fine, though I have to admit I just glanced over them. I then changed the name, floor and room. However, afterwards the blue LED still blinked which is an indication the switch isn't included. I also can't control it through the HS mobile app. The strange thing is that when I go to the z-wave manage page of the device it shows as having a connection to other z-wave devices. So why would it show connectivity to other devices but HS can't see it and the blue LED blinks?

I will just exclude it and then include it again but I still would like to understand what is going on. Btw, the switch was probably within 8 feet of the z-wave stick with no walls in between.
    Attached Files

On the next include, see if you can do one optimize, then see if you can control.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I excluded it with a minmote, removed the device from HS and then did a new include. It is working now but it's still strange that the device things it is not included (and HS can't control it) yet HS shows neighbors. Maybe the inclusion halfway worked so it did find neighbors, the neighbors were stored in a database but then the inclusion process broke, yet the neighbor data was still in the database. Pretty wild guess but that's the only thing I can come up with at this time.

Comment

Working...
      X