Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An update from the owner of HomeSeer

Hi All,

I wanted to post an update as to what I have been doing here at HomeSeer. First, some sad news that I have to report. My wife Karen passed away in Dec after a long battle with Cancer. Some of you probably knew her as she attended trade shows with us. She handled all the back end work here at HS including accounting and HR. She is missed every day. During the past 2 years my focus had been on taking care of her. While I tried my best to get work done, it was difficult.

I am back working 100% on HS and I totally understand some of the concerns brought forward by some of our long time users. HS has always been dedicated to providing a system that allowed the power user to automate their home in a way that best fits them. Our focus with HS4 was to simplify the system to bring in the less technical user. I think we have achieved that but at the same time the changes have alienated our long time users. I do get it. Also, the changes to development have resulted in less frequent updates and less transparency in regards to what we are working on. Much of this is my fault.

So I want to acknowledge that I hear you and I want to do what I can to make HS4 work for you. To that end I am starting with the following immediately:

* HS3 screens are NOT being removed from HS4. This means that you can access these screens if needed and utilities such as what JON00 have created will continue to work.

* I am compiling a list of requested changes to HS4. I know Randy has a list and there are others. This includes things like compacting the list view, adding more filters, etc. I will post this list once I compile it.

* JON00 is willing to port some of his utilities to HS4 and I will provide any API's that he needs to accomplish that. If anyone else has a utility that does not work with HS4 due to missing API's feel free to post. I would ask that you please post API requests to our Github repository. Posting there sends a message to the developers immediately (on our GLIP channel) and it creates a trackable issue in Github. Link is here:
    https://github.com/HomeSeer/Plugin-SDK/issues

* As updates are being added I will post a Beta to the beta forum (similar to what we were doing with HS3). This gives you a chance to try out and test new features/bug fixes without waiting for an update. New (maybe experimental) features will be added to the Labs tab in setup where we can enabled/disable them. This will allow us to try out new things without impacting the released application.

You are welcome to post any change requests to this thread and I would also ask that you please create an issue here:
    https://dev.homeseer.com/servicedesk...nation=portals
    You can post your ticket ID in this thread and I will turn it into a development request so we can track internally. This way you will get notifications when the item is being worked on and when its completed.
    If you have some open issues already that have tickets, feel free to post them here so I can check on the status.

There isn't anything I can do about the past, but I would like to move forward and do what I can to make HS4 work for you!
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

So sad,
    We are all so sorry for your loss. And Stay strong.

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Rich;

I am so sorry for your loss. It is a terrible thing to have to go through. Despite my having to now balance a very demanding job with a finite supply of time, you can count on my continued support of you, your products and your company.

FWIW, HS4 remains stable, responsive and reliable. I made the full switch from HS3 at the beginning of the year and my automation has run without a hiccup since then.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Rich,

I am sorry for your loss. I met Karen one time at many many years ago at one EHExpo in Orlando. She was very charismatic person.

I am committed to Homeseer 4 and that will not change. Still in the baby steps mode here as I was between Homeseer 2 and Homeseer 3 a few years back.

- Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Rich, I'm so sorry to hear of you loss of your wife. Your candid and forthright note shows true leadership, and I'm sure the community looks forward to a renewed focus on the software. Thank you!

Comment

Rich,

So sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my wife of 51 years, 2 years ago, so I have at least a vague notion of what you are going through and what you will go through. My sincere and heart-felt feelings go out to you and your family.

It is absolutely fantastic to hear from HST management and even more heartwarming to hear that they are listening to how the changes have impacted our usage patterns and, therefore, the function of the software package in our hands.

A BIG thank you for your response.
            HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
            Home Assistant 2024.3
            Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
            Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
            Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
            WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
            AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Rich, really sorry for your loss.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
              Plugin's:
              BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
              EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
              weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Gee... the loss is terrible news. I'm surprised you did as well as you did given the circumstances. Like others I'm committed to Homeseer. Your renewed focus is very much appreciated.
                HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I am sorry to hear about your wife. I lost my mother to cancer almost 2 years ago. Cancer is pure evil. I appreciate the transparency.

Comment

Rich,
                    I am very sorry for your loss. I am continually comforted by something the priest said at my mother's funeral - "God doesn't always come when we want him to. But he always comes on time".

May God bless you and your family.

Comment

Rich, we've never met, I'm simply a customer. But at the end of the day, none of this matters compared to losing a loved one. Please take care of yourself.

Comment

Condolences from France, Rich
                        I know what it is like to lose a loved one.

Comment

Rich, not knowing or needing to know your personal circumstances as they are completely that, personal, you never need to make any apologies or provide any excuses here.

Being the ONLY boss here it’s entirely within your remit to decide what direction HS development goes in. That’s one of the few perks available to the boss and they are few and far between as you well know.

Yes you might upset a few “old timers” on the way but you can’t please all the people all the time. If it were left to some you’d probably be still sifting through old HS1 code on a Windows XP machine

Nobody here other than yourself is bigger than HST no matter what they think. That applies to plugin creators, script creators and general contributors. One licence, one voice and none more important than the other.

As far as I’m concerned as a user, HS4 is here to stay. Provide as many updates as you can throw at it. I’ll gladly test them. My home won’t fall apart with an upgrade break or two.

The level of disrespect from certain quarters here was unforgivable. I found myself stepping in at certain stages to put balance on some of those posts. Most of the individuals involved, and they know who they are, have never run a small business and clearly wouldn’t have wherewithal to do so judging by their attitude.

Once again as you felt compelled to make your personal circumstances public to somehow defend yourself, may I take this opportunity to offer my sincerest condolences to both you and your family and wish you and HS4 all the best success for the future.

Comment

I am so sorry to read about your wife. I am grateful for all you do for us and appreciate how difficult it must be to focus or work. Thank you for sharing.
                            James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Damn, don't really know what to say. I am sorry for your loss :-(

Comment

Working...
                              X