No announcement yet.

An update from the owner of HomeSeer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cancer is the worst disease ;-( because unfortunately we see the person we love die day after day ;-( its very difficult for the sick person but even more for the family and loved ones ;-( it is true that his difficult but I'm sure that what your wife wanted the most is that you get the most out of life and do what you love the most in life! ;-) and if like many of us, it's computer science then go for it my friend ;-) but do it for you ;-) I wish you all my condolences to you to your family and to all those close to you ;-) a person that we love and that he or she is close or absent will always remain in our heart !!!!

Comment

Rich, have always been, and will continue to be a supporter, Best Regards
      Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Rich
        My sincere condolences
        Family is the most important in your life so please take care of yourself and your family before worrying about us

Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

So sorry for your loss. Please accept my condolences.

Forrest

Comment

Hello rjh

- There is a way in HS4 to bulk edit Add Categories but there isn't a way to bulk edit "Remove Category". The only way I've found to remove a Category is one device at a time. If a Category has already been added, I can add a new one but I can't remove the one that is already associated with a device.

- I have tried to create an issue using the link you posted above (https://dev.homeseer.com/servicedesk...nation=portals) but I am having issues getting logged in. I've never used it before so I tried to create an account but it says that I already have an account. When I tried to use the "Reset Password" it says that it sent a link to my email address but it never arrives and it's not in my junk email box. What is my next step?
            HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
            Plugin's:
            BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
            EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
            weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

I already have a development issue for some bulk add things so I will add this one. You don't need to create an issue unless you want to track it.
              If you PM your service desk login I can reset your password.

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
              Hello rjh

- There is a way in HS4 to bulk edit Add Categories but there isn't a way to bulk edit "Remove Category". The only way I've found to remove a Category is one device at a time. If a Category has already been added, I can add a new one but I can't remove the one that is already associated with a device.

- I have tried to create an issue using the link you posted above (https://dev.homeseer.com/servicedesk...nation=portals) but I am having issues getting logged in. I've never used it before so I tried to create an account but it says that I already have an account. When I tried to use the "Reset Password" it says that it sent a link to my email address but it never arrives and it's not in my junk email box. What is my next step?
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

My deepest sympathies.
                HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

rjh I read the forum post and i wanted to send my condolences to you. Please don't forget to take care of yourself first, and then those around you.

Comment

Rich,
                    Deepest sympathies on the loss of your beloved wife. I honestly don't know what I would do without mine, and don't wish to contemplate it. If it would be any comfort to you, please feel free to use this thread to tell us about her, how she supported your work, what kind of person she was. We're listening.

And I just want to say, as a near-20-year customer of HomeSeer, that you haven't got a damn thing to apologize for. I don't use HS4, but HS3 is an absolute miracle, and I simply have no complaints about it. (INSTEON? That's a whole 'nuther kettle of fish). (The current ownership of the technology, NOT Mark's Plug-in, which is another minor miracle!)

Take care, and take comfort in your memories.

Regards,

Jim Speiser

Jim Speiser
                    38-year veteran of Home Automation
                    Still don't know squat

Comment

My sincere condolences.

Comment

Rich, I've just now read this thread. My sincere condolences. Thanks for your continued support. We appreciate the attention and drive you have - and we know it's not easy nor simple to satisfy this bunch!

Comment

Just catching up on the forums... i'm so sorry for your loss... and at such an already terrible time in the year - must have made it that much harder, if that's even possible.

The fact that i'm just catching up means HS4 has been running smoothly for me for some time now. Always appreciate of the updates and innovations here!

Comment

Ticket ID: HSCS-8710

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss Rich. I recently lost a very dear friend to cancer - such a cruel and horrible disease. Thoughts are with you and thank you for all your hard work on Homeseer.

Comment

My deepest sympathies for your loss. My wife is severely ill. I know how difficult it is to work on things other than her care. So I have not made the transition from HS3 to HS4. I would like you to know that Homeseer has helped me immensely over the past few years to provide better care and a better environment for my wife and myself. I am so grateful every time the lights come on and dim to the appropriate level for her. And when the bathroom floor heat is on in the morning. And all the hundreds of other things that Homeseer does for us. You have created a product that has made all this possible. Thank you!
                                HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                                2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Working...
                                X