Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controlling range on a virtual device

Hi

I haven't configured new devices for a while, but need a couple of new virtual devices to control dim levels of lighting throughout the day. This has been a breeze earlier, but now I can't seem to set the desired control value from a range on the virtual device. It seems that the device only carries single value controls labels and range Prefix/Suffix. Not the actual value. I have tried everything I can think of, but can't figure this one out. Please help.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HS4 Event.jpg
Views:	577
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	1486757

I also noticed that compared to a previous virtual device I made, the " Include Values" under Range Control is missing/removed. See before/after pictures;Before
    After

I can compensate for this by making single value controls within the range for the virtual device, but this is very impractical and time-consuming.

This is my setup:

Name:	HS4 Setup.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	1486760

And with single value compensation for not beeing able to select a value within the range:

Name:	HS4 Setup Compensated.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	1486761

So to sum up;

1. Why can't I select a value within a range from an event anymore? (First pic)
    2. Is there some new different way of including values that I haven't picked up on? Where is the "Include Values" option? (Second/Third pic)

Spec:
    Win 10
    HS 4.1.18.0

//
    G

I have the same problem.

Comment

Looks like a new problem. I feel like I was able to have an HS4 Virtual device show value, but it doesn’t work now. The legacy Device Management page still has the selection to “Include Values”
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Have you guys created support tickets for this issue?
        https://dev.homeseer.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/2
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

In HS4 the status/graphics range are used in place of the "include ranges" from HS3. Try to set up the control like this and let me know if it works for you:

Name:	virtual.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	1486935

Comment

Ok, I do see a problem with an event not being able to select the control value, I will have a look and let you know what I find.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              Have you guys created support tickets for this issue?
              https://dev.homeseer.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/2
              Just did

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                Ok, I do see a problem with an event not being able to select the control value, I will have a look and let you know what I find.
                ”Include Values” is not an option in a range of values.
                Never found a need to use the feature but “Has Scale” is missing as well.

Comment

For now you can go to /deviceutility, create a virtual device there (it will be an HS3 device), then you can edit the status/graphics there, or go back to the HS4 UI and you will get the "include values" option and can edit the status graphics there. It looks like HS4 edits HS3 devices ok but there is an issue with the HS4 virtual device that HS4 is creating.

Another option is you can copy an existing device, like a Z-Wave device that has the dimming controls, and then use the copy as a virtual devices. Use the bulk edit feature to copy a device. When you copy a device it is no longer associated with the plugin it was attached to so it becomes a virtual device.

Comment

"include Values" is now implied when you add the status/graphics range. It almost works as I see all the values in the event action but the value # is missing so you don't know what you are selecting. I would have to look and see what "Has Scale" actually does, never used that.

I have created a development issue so we can get this fixed, will attach your ticket to it.

Originally posted by randy View Post
                    ”Include Values” is not an option in a range of values.
                    Never found a need to use the feature but “Has Scale” is missing as well.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                      "include Values" is now implied when you add the status/graphics range. It almost works as I see all the values in the event action but the value # is missing so you don't know what you are selecting. I would have to look and see what "Has Scale" actually does, never used that.

I have created a development issue so we can get this fixed, will attach your ticket to it.

rjh unless I am missing something, we also seem to have lost the ability to set the Both/Status/Control property of single value or ranges. It was there for ranges but not single values in a previous release but now, at least in 4.1.18.0, isn't shown or editable for either. When created they are set to both by default. The Status Graphics is one of the main situations where I have to keep dropping back to the HS3 pages. Prefix and Postfix didn't seem to be working a while back but they seem to be now, so things are getting better but not quite complete yet.

Thanks,
                      Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post

rjh unless I am missing something, we also seem to have lost the ability to set the Both/Status/Control property of single value or ranges. It was there for ranges but not single values in a previous release but now, at least in 4.1.18.0, isn't shown or editable for either. When created they are set to both by default. The Status Graphics is one of the main situations where I have to keep dropping back to the HS3 pages. Prefix and Postfix didn't seem to be working a while back but they seem to be now, so things are getting better but not quite complete yet.

Thanks,
                        Steve
                        I was going to mention the same thing, but it appears that now if you set up ranges under "Edit Controls" those are the control values. If you set them up under "Edit Status/Graphics:" those become the Status values. If you set them up under both, it is both It is a little more flexible because you can have different status and control labels.

Name:	capture.png
Views:	436
Size:	320.3 KB
ID:	1486966Click image for larger version

Name:	capture3.png
Views:	434
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	1486967

This is how it appears, but it doesn't work quite right. .When I went in to the legacy Device Manager to have a device show values, That worked fine, but when I chose a drop list for control all controls disappear.

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture2.png Views:	0 Size:	88.1 KB ID:	1486965
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	capture1.png Views:	0 Size:	60.1 KB ID:	1486964

Comment

I'm having a similar issue rjh , not sure if it's related but I've set up several VD's as seen below, but I get a "Missing" under set control for events. I have no issue entering the value and hitting the submit button, and events watching for a change work.

OR is this a matter of me not creating these VD's correctly? (This is the "look and feel" I want for these VD's though.)

Name:	2021-09-05_8-19-16.png
Views:	385
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	1493862

Name:	2021-09-06_7-35-48.png
Views:	384
Size:	359.2 KB
ID:	1493863

Name:	2021-09-05_8-18-56.png