Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issue with having 2 feature/status line items with same 0-255 number.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue with having 2 feature/status line items with same 0-255 number.

My z-wave door locks (and it seems all z-wave door locks) use two separate status/control settings in the features list with same number (in this case 0). The reason they do this is because they have one that is set to status, and one that is set to control. This way one can be labeled "lock" for the control. And "locked" for the status. This all worked great back in HS3. But I noticed that once I switched to HS4, if I edit anything in the features list for Status/Control, it wont allow two different line items to have the same number. It removes one of them. This is a problem since I need to be able to have a status for 0 and a control for 0 that are different.

Here is an example showing a lock with two line items both having ID 255. If I were to edit one of these for any reason, one of them two would be deleted upon saving it.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 10.52.21 AM.png
Views:	173
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	1487227

Anyone know a way around having HS4 delete one of the line items if they are the same 0-255 ID number?

im seeing the same issue, if i try to change the existing value on the lock it removes one.
    HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
    53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
    https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

This is probably a legacy from HS3. The problem is likely that the plug-in created the device using HS3 standards. While I have not gotten confirmation from Rich, it appears that control values are set in the top section and status along with graphics in the bottom section as in this virtual device I created, providing different status and control text.

Click image for larger version  Name:	A0C2DCBE-D614-492D-BCEE-163ADEF6AAE7.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	53.8 KB ID:	1487293
      Click image for larger version

Name:	9A1EC8A0-54D8-433E-AFBA-262FB148827D.jpeg
Views:	114
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	1487295

The problem is that since a plug-in owns your lock, the configuration options are not there. You probably should post a help desk ticket to put this in front of Rich.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Hi Randy.

This does seem like a likely culprit for the issue. Unfortunately I tried to submit a help desk ticket before coming here, and let's just say it wasn't very helpful.

I'm going to try and submit a ticket again and see if I can get better help this time.

Comment

Working...
        X