Homeseer and Google

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer and Google

After I installed version 4.1.17.0 the combination Homeseer 4 and Google Home worked fine. Events from Homeseer that controlled multiple devices were executed by Google. Now I have installed 4.1.18.0 and suddenly google doesn’t recognize the events anymore. When I start a routine in Google in with evens are in the routine I get the message “ Homeseer is not available “. Same as before 4.1.17.0 However when I ask google to start a device (light on) it executes the command. So for individual devices google recognizes Homeseer. What is changed. Has anyon3 else the same problem?

Same issue here. To be honest I have given up on Homeseer > Google integration. I have switched everything over to IFTTT applets. IFTTT has always worked flawlessly without any lag that I notice. Not sure why Homeseer can't get the google thing to work on a consistent basis but I have lost all faith that they will figure it out.

Comment

I've used Alexa with HS3/4 since it was released and have only had one or two outages in years. So I'd recommend giving that a try if you haven't. Google seems to have too many outages in our area and they are always changing the way they interface with HS so that causes these issues with HS. Also many users do not realize that each time they update HS the Windows firewall needs to be updated as the firewall sees this new version as a new program.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I have used Alexa before but I changed to Google Assistant because Google supports the Dutch language and Alexa not.
        Updated to 4.1.17.0 did the trick so I don’t understand what changed. Windows firewall I don’t use because I have the Norton 360 package.

Comment

Originally posted by Papatufan View Post
          I have used Alexa before but I changed to Google Assistant because Google supports the Dutch language and Alexa not.
          Updated to 4.1.17.0 did the trick so I don’t understand what changed. Windows firewall I don’t use because I have the Norton 360 package.
          Your Norton 360 is likely the culprit as nothing has changed between these two versions of HS4 GH or Alexa related.

Comment

I gave up posting and opening tickets about this after the previous round of reports, after which rjh or the staff made some changes to the CAPI interface (I think) that supposedly fixed it. The fix worked for a short time, and then the issue came back for me.

I am using a SmartStick+ G3, and I believe that its increased speed may be the "straw that broke the camel's back", but I have been unable to downgrade to the older SmartStick to prove or disprove this.

So, to be clear, when asking Google to turn on or off more than 2-3 devices, the devices may or may not turn on/off, but the error message plays, stating "Sorry, I could not reach Homeseer".

So, in summary:
            1. Yes, the issue went away for a while after timings were adjusted and/or other fixes were made by HST
            2. Yes, the issue returned
            3. It may be related to the discussion of problems with Silicon Labs' code for the 700 series chips, but I can't roll back to test myself

Comment

I have narrowed down my problem . A routine made in Google Assistant in which I only used one command to shut down 8 separate devices I from Homeseer, shut down my tv with the aid of a Harmony hub worked perfect. The same starting an event in Homeseer did not. So the problem with Google Assistant and Homeseer is starting an event in a routine. Maybe someone has any idea.

Comment

This sounds like you are seeing the issue with the G3 stick, it has problems sending commands at times. Note that I have recreated the issue using other software, so I do not believe the issue is with our z-wave code. Anything is possible and I am still waiting for feedback from Silicon Labs.

Originally posted by SteveW View Post
                I gave up posting and opening tickets about this after the previous round of reports, after which rjh or the staff made some changes to the CAPI interface (I think) that supposedly fixed it. The fix worked for a short time, and then the issue came back for me.

I am using a SmartStick+ G3, and I believe that its increased speed may be the "straw that broke the camel's back", but I have been unable to downgrade to the older SmartStick to prove or disprove this.

So, to be clear, when asking Google to turn on or off more than 2-3 devices, the devices may or may not turn on/off, but the error message plays, stating "Sorry, I could not reach Homeseer".

So, in summary:
                1. Yes, the issue went away for a while after timings were adjusted and/or other fixes were made by HST
                2. Yes, the issue returned
                3. It may be related to the discussion of problems with Silicon Labs' code for the 700 series chips, but I can't roll back to test myself

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                  This sounds like you are seeing the issue with the G3 stick, it has problems sending commands at times. Note that I have recreated the issue using other software, so I do not believe the issue is with our z-wave code. Anything is possible and I am still waiting for feedback from Silicon Labs.

Thanks very much, Rich. I posted elsewhere on the forum about this, and I wonder if this is "working as intended" or if it can be handled some other way: I wanted to revert back from the G3 stick/interface to the previous generation stick/interface. I tried backing up the new interface and then attempted to restore it to the old one, but I received an error message that the backup failed because the interface was too old. The old stick says "SmartStick+" on it so I guess it is a G2.

Is there a workaround, or am I just stuck with the new G3 stick until a fix is released (by Si Labs)? I can live with it, but it would be nice to go back.

Comment

Originally posted by Papatufan View Post
                    I have narrowed down my problem . A routine made in Google Assistant in which I only used one command to shut down 8 separate devices I from Homeseer, shut down my tv with the aid of a Harmony hub worked perfect. The same starting an event in Homeseer did not. So the problem with Google Assistant and Homeseer is starting an event in a routine. Maybe someone has any idea.
                    Yes, the typical behavior is when Google Home/Assistant runs a routine that sends a command to more than two or three devices, it may or may not successfully execute the commands, and it says "Sorry, I couldn't reach Homeseer". You can sometimes see it without a routine, by saying, for example, "Hey Google, turn on kitchen and turn on den", where kitchen and den are each one Z-Wave light dimmer or switch.

Comment

Try the Beta S2 Z-Wave plugin in the updater and see if it will allow you to restore. I thought the latest Z-Wave plugin included the older restore code.
                      I would back up your system just in case if you try this. Can you post the version info of your stick from the Z-Wave configuration page, expand the bottom.

Thanks very much, Rich. I posted elsewhere on the forum about this, and I wonder if this is "working as intended" or if it can be handled some other way: I wanted to revert back from the G3 stick/interface to the previous generation stick/interface. I tried backing up the new interface and then attempted to restore it to the old one, but I received an error message that the backup failed because the interface was too old. The old stick says "SmartStick+" on it so I guess it is a G2.

Is there a workaround, or am I just stuck with the new G3 stick until a fix is released (by Si Labs)? I can live with it, but it would be nice to go back.

Comment

I will try this and report back. (with a 500 series Z-Wave interface)

Yes, the typical behavior is when Google Home/Assistant runs a routine that sends a command to more than two or three devices, it may or may not successfully execute the commands, and it says "Sorry, I couldn't reach Homeseer". You can sometimes see it without a routine, by saying, for example, "Hey Google, turn on kitchen and turn on den", where kitchen and den are each one Z-Wave light dimmer or switch.

Comment

OK, so I upgraded to HS 4 beta 4.1.100.0 by overwriting the tar file to the HS directory (I couldn't get the upgrade within HS4 to work). I was eventually able to use the "Send network information to another controller and make it primary" option to downgrade to the SmartStick+ G2. However, between that and the HS4 upgrade, I was left with a horrible, horrible mess. All of the actions in all of my events vanished. I found that the events json files were all deleted. I tried restoring them, but the events don't run. My HSM 200 sensor won't respond to events, no matter what I try. The Google "Sorry, I couldn't reach HomeSeer" error message persisted with the G2 SmartStick+

There were additional problems I've now forgotten. It was such a disaster that I am going to wipe out my entire system and start over from scratch, manually recreating everything. I can't rely on the backups I took, since swapping Z-Wave interfaces back and forth has caused too many problems, and I have lost too many hours troubleshooting.

I'm optimistic that the renewed focus on the HS4 software will make a clean start worthwhile.

Comment

Working...
                          X