Cannot Change Dome Siren Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot Change Dome Siren Settings

I have a Dome Siren as shown in the attachment. When I go to the z-wave settings I am supposed to be able to change it from siren to chime (first parameter) and to Ding Dong Ding Dong (6th parameter). However, when I click on the Done button it doesn't actually update the values. I tried to keep pressing the button behind the battery cover to make sure it doesn't go to sleep but that didn't help, either. This did work just fine in HS3 so I am not sure if HS4 is the problem or I am missing something.
    Attached Files

I use events to change mine and that works. No need to push the button. I think it is awake all the time.

Comment

This is strange. I created a manual event to set the Dome to Siren Enable = False but when I triggered the event the siren was still on. Interestingly, I can trigger the siren from HS so the device seems to have registered/included properly. This also used to work just fine in HS3. I see 4 devices, i.e. Doorbell (I renamed it), Battery, Siren Notification and Siren Enable. Last but not least, I don't see anything in the events where I could change the tone.
      Edit: Thinking about it, the screenshot just shows to turn off the siren. Initially I thought Enable/Disalble means switching between Siren and Chime. But I think this actually means to start/stop the siren/chime. So how would I change the mode through an event? Maybe the Dome hasn't registered properly?
      Attached Files

Comment

mulu I just set up one of my dome sirens. When you are in settings you pick whether you want primary or secondary but then you must select Set. For each selection in settings that you change you must press Set and wait for it to come back and then you can do the next one and so on. Then when you are all finished then press Done.

Here is the event. This event will just turn it on and off. Your sounds are done in settings. I think the driver for this siren should have more settings available. All of the ones in the device settings should be available in an event.

Click image for larger version  Name:	pic1.png Views:	0 Size:	21.7 KB ID:	1489741

Comment

Dang, that was dumb. I was SELECTING the parameters and then at the bottom clicked on "Done" I should have clicked on the "Set" button to the left of the parameters (see attachment). Using that it worked. I was just too used to confirming my changes at the bottom of the page. Thanks a lot for the input.
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm just now seeing this. Have you taken a look at this? https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...e-siren-script
            It's a great script for controlling the Dome. It appears a little complex but it's not.

Cheers!

Comment

avpman That looks pretty cool. Having said that, in my case I only use the dome as a doorbell. So now that I have changed the level to chime and the sound to ding dong ding dong I will not change it anymore. Thanks for sharing this post, though.

Comment

Working...
              X