Hard crash of HS4.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard crash of HS4.

EDIT: A third reboot brought the system up in working order. No idea why. I'll see if it's still running in the morning.

I came home late tonight to find my system down. HS4 interface was up but not responsive. Rebooted PC. Says "HS4 is already running" when I try to launch it, but I can't get to the web browser interface either by IP address or by find.homeseer.com.

Event Viewer:

(Several of these
    Faulting application name: HS4.exe, version: 4.1.18.0, time stamp: 0x60db886b
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1151, time stamp: 0x5da51925
    Exception code: 0xc000041d
    Fault offset: 0x0012b512
    Faulting process id: 0xad8
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d7919cc7c09102
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HS4.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: 40cc537e-7c3d-4699-878d-5c88ce9b1689
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

(Several of these
    Application: HS4.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.InvalidOperationException
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog(System.Windows.Forms.IW in32Window)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog()
    at HS4.Form1.MYThreadHandler(System.Object, System.Threading.ThreadExceptionEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.OnThreadExcep tion(System.Exception)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProcException(System.Excepti on)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.OnThreadExc eption(System.Exception)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)

One of these:

Session "Microsoft.Windows.Remediation" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035

I have a system restore point of 8/10/21 I can roll back to, but I'm not sure if this will help or hurt. I'm inclined to think it won't hurt and will probably fix the issue.

I can't see any new windows updates. Not running A/V software.

Not sure where to start.

Glad you're back up and running. If you're not already, I would highly recommend creating daily backup's of the HS folder. I'm backing up my HS folder twice a day.
    RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
      Glad you're back up and running. If you're not already, I would highly recommend creating daily backup's of the HS folder. I'm backing up my HS folder twice a day.
      thanks. I do daily backups and I do quarterly backups of the z stick.

ive just never had a crash of HS4 that didn’t allow me access to the interface, so I wasn’t even sure where to start troubleshooting.

I wasn’t too worried about losing config, just confused about what happened.

Comment

Working...
      X