SmartStart Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SmartStart Support

I'm looking to upgrade all of my switches and my ZWave controller... Looks like the new switches support SmartStart, and I see the newer sticks do as well. Am I correct in researching that HS4 does not support this yet? Is it planned?

Thanks!

No response on this question? I have the same question. I noticed in the instructions that came with a new HS-WX300 wall dimmer switch that it supports Z-Wave SmartStart with a QR code. Yet there is no mention of SmartStart in HS4. So what gives? Does or will HS4 support this easy install feature?

Comment

bump

Comment

I've seen nothing in the HS4 Z-wave plugin that supports smartstart.
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
          I've seen nothing in the HS4 Z-wave plugin that supports smartstart.
          It wouldn't necessarily be overt since Smartstart requires scanning a QR code, so the functionality needs to be present in ZTool+.

If someone wants to know if Homeseer supports it then they need to reach out to Homeseer. Maybe if they hear from enough customers then they'll implement it.

Of course, Homeseer doesn't make it clear that these are user-to-user forums and not official support forums.

Comment

I'm interested in this as well. It doesn't look like ZTool+ is supported / upgraded anymore. I use HSBuddy but that doesn't support adding via my phone.

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post

It wouldn't necessarily be overt since Smartstart requires scanning a QR code, so the functionality needs to be present in ZTool+.

If someone wants to know if Homeseer supports it then they need to reach out to Homeseer. Maybe if they hear from enough customers then they'll implement it.

Of course, Homeseer doesn't make it clear that these are user-to-user forums and not official support forums.
              Since SmartStart is basically an implementation of the S2 inclusion process, and HS4 is barely capable of S2 to begin with (not capable at all on ARM based Linux) I would doubt that HST has done the work to include SmartStart.

Comment

Z-Wave JS seems to supports SmartStart, so you may want to try that with MQTT. Or ask in the Under Development forum when the Z-Wave Plus plugin is to be expected.
                Plugins I developed for HS4: Somfy Local, MiLight (LimitlessLED), Updates, Volvo (VoC), OpenTherm Gateway (OTGW)
                Running HS4 Pro on Windows 10 Pro on a Synology VM, with Node-RED running as a container.

Comment

Working...
                X