Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If much effort was dedicated to automating the list view, say for those who have a thing about controlling a single light instance would if you click on any item on the list view would then pop a single floating big title with all you need including notes or whatever. So if you touch away from it, disappears (grid view not necessary)

Eman
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post

Indeed, you can do almost everything in HSTouch but many things need a lot of work arounds. It's not for the faint-hearted. That's actually why I got REALLY excited that HS is supposedly working on a complete new HSTouch. I don't care if the web interface is ugly as long as it's efficient. But HSTouch is the thing that is being exposed to the users through tablets, phones, etc and yes, I don't want an app that just lists all my devices. I want custom screens and while the current HSTouch obviously is allowing this it really lacks in communication to HS. It is mostly a one-way street, HS to HSTouch and not so much HSTouch to HS.
      This is true for the most part, however... there are workarounds for some of these shortcomings too. Unfortunately coaxing HSTouch into committing those unnatural acts require a ton of work.

Comment

Originally posted by jgreenberg01 View Post

This is true for the most part, however... there are workarounds for some of these shortcomings too. Unfortunately coaxing HSTouch into committing those unnatural acts require a ton of work.
        Exactly my point. You can make it work but it requires a lot of effort...

Comment

I bought HSPro, but I've yet to set up HSTouch. I've thought about it, but since Alexa functionality is there, we mostly use automation and Alexa integrations. Between HS, HSBuddy geofences, Alexa Routines and Node-Red, our bases are covered. I only occasionally use the app to confirm things are working as planned. Not sure I'll implement a tablet at this point, though I've seen some impressive examples.

Comment

HSTouch Online Help : https://help.homeseer.com/help/HSTouch/static/

Eman.

Comment

I stopped using HSTouch along time ago. Too time consuming to get it right on all devices.
              However, now i am using the Android HS app and it is really simple to use. A few minutes and my wife had all the buttons events that she wanted.
              In the house I don't use any screens for control. HS is doing it's thing for me how I want it without me pushing any button. But when i want to control something i don't need eye-candy but i just need to find that device/event quickly and close the app again.
              Btw, i am still on HS3 because HS4 had nothing to offer that was missing for me in HS3
              - Bram

Send from my Commodore VIC-20

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
              HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
              PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | BLBackup | FritzBox | Z-Wave | mcsMQTT | AK Ikea

Comment

Originally posted by AshaiRey View Post
                I stopped using HSTouch along time ago. Too time consuming to get it right on all devices.
                However, now i am using the Android HS app and it is really simple to use. A few minutes and my wife had all the buttons events that she wanted.
                In the house I don't use any screens for control. HS is doing it's thing for me how I want it without me pushing any button. But when i want to control something i don't need eye-candy but i just need to find that device/event quickly and close the app again.
                Btw, i am still on HS3 because HS4 had nothing to offer that was missing for me in HS3
                True to most of your statements above and you are not alone to think that way because the world has moved on quite bit over the years towards IoT.
                With that girl ...Alexa , one need not push a button these days....but all that said, I limit my cloud sourcing to MyHS and Synology should I have to check on the cameras.

And often times I try to remind myself to finish my screens but I can't find an immediate push/kick in back side to do so. The most important button on them is the Power Button (One button rules them all). And as for the main Android Tablet (Home Remote) it's the magic within which puts the icing on the cake camera slides are per sector/location where motion has been detected (sensor/camera or otherwise)... Fully automated thus motion => HomeSeer => MQTT=> Tablet => Camera stream (camera tracking powered by Node-RED OnViF). Isn't that what's called "automated"?

Eman.

Comment

If [mention]jon00 [/mention] released his own product to replace Homeseer, that would be a product worth buying!

I wonder how many paid users there are of Homeseer. I’ve paid for every version but find I have to use a mass on Jon’s addons to make the product do what I need.

Does anyone know - How many developers are there at Homeseer? Do they work full time?

Comment

They posted some picture a while ago. I think it was a Christmas party. From memory I would say there were about 20 people there, probably including spouses/significant others. So I would say around 10 people. From what I see on the forum and support that also seems to be about the size. But this is a pretty wild guess. Apparently they also lost about 3 people in some tragic situations late last year but it seems they hired some new ones. As for jon00, he has some cool plugins but I don't really use them. I try to not depend on 3rd party stuff plus some of his plugins conflict with his own plugins when it comes to GUI. But yes, jon00 would be a great asset to HS. They should hire him.

Comment

They posted some picture a while ago. I think it was a Christmas party. From memory I would say there were about 20 people there, probably including spouses/significant others. So I would say around 10 people.
                      I'm gonna go with seven. Source.

<snip>

But yes, jon00 would be a great asset to HS. They should hire him.

Amen, to that!

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548
                      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station

Enabled Plug-Ins
                      3.0.0.6: AK Smart Device 3.0.1.9: AmbientWeather 2.0.63.0: BLBackup 3.0.55.0: BLGData 3.0.38.0: BLLock 2.0.26.0: BLUPS 3.2.0.1: Device History 3.0.0.73: EasyTrigger 3.25.614.1: HSBuddy 3.1.0.22: MeiHarmonyHub 3.1.0.2: SDJ-Health 19.10.7.1: TPLinkSmartHome 3.0.6681.34300: UltraCID3 3.0.6644.26753: UltraLog3 3.0.6554.33094: UltraMon3 3.0.5960.36744: UltraSighthoundVideo3 3.0.7806.23606: UltraWeatherWU3 3.0.2.0: Z-Wave

Comment

LinkedIn profiles show 10 employees, 2 as developers, 1 as director of engineering, so possibly a dev., plus the pres. There may be others. Sometimes the internet REALLY scares me...
                        Karl S
                        HS4Pro on Windows 10
                        242 Devices
                        56 Z-Wave Nodes
                        37 Events
                        HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                        Google Home: 3 Mini units 1 display

Comment

Even one developer working full time should be putting more code out than they do!!

Homeseer need to be more open with what they are working on. Look how Trello show everything they are doing here https://trello.com/b/nC8QJJoZ.html

If Homeseer did the same. We could vote on what we find important and can ask for new features etc.

Comment

Working...
                          X