No announcement yet.

HS4 Release Announcements 4.2 is available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a random issue? There have not been any changes to the Z-Wave plugin in the past few weeks. Are there any errors in the log? Or is it just slow?

Originally posted by avpman View Post
    When rjh was fixing the wave plugin there was and was fixed, a multicast issue; where it would take a long time for commands sent to multiple Z-Wave devices to take effect. Anyway, it was fixed. In the meantime, I had so much trouble with the 700 stick that I went back to the 500 smart stick until the issues with 700 are sorted out. Everything was working great, including having no multicast issues. Recently, the problem came back. I don't know if it is because of one of the HS4 updates (I have been through several since the multicast issue was fixed) or what. But the exact same behavior is happening again. It could take several minutes or more for a command to be recognized by the device during my "good night" routines where I control a number of devices at once. I'm using the V3.0.7.0 version of the Zwave plugin. I am NOT using the Zwave-UI (installed but disabled.) I'm wondering if anything changed with the plugin or HS V4.2.0.0 ? I don't want to start messing around with things until I hear back. System profile, less PII below.

Thanks!

Date/time=8/27/2021 11:15:25 AM EDT
    Version=HS4 Standard Edition 4.2.0.0 (Linux)
    MONO Version=Mono JIT compiler version 6.12.0.122 (tarball Mon Feb 22 17:44:05 UTC 2021)

License=Registered
    License ID=
    MyHS Subscription=Pro
    MyHS Subscription Backup Interval=Daily
    MyHS Subscription Max Cameras=10
    MyHS Subscription Backup Time=1:00 AM
    Confguration File=/usr/local/HomeSeer/Data/HomeSeerData.json
    Uptime=2 Days 15 Hours 56 Minutes 19 Seconds

Lan IP=127.0.0.1 (raspberrypi4)

WAN IP=
    Device Count=526
    Event Count=97
    Last Event Ran=Periodic Events : Turn OFF Fan Controller Status LEDs, Ran at 8/27/2021 11:15:00 AM
    # of unique event scripts=5
    Connected Speaker Clients= (127.0.0.1):BIG5HS4
    Plugins Enabled=EasyTrigger:,RaspberryIO:,BLOccupied:,drhsIpPlugIn:, UltraTivo3:,SDJ-Health:,IR Plugin:,BLBackup:,OMNI:,Device History:,weatherXML:,BLRussound:,rnbWeather:,Z-Wave:,UPBSpud:,Big5HS4:,BLTEDPro:
    Modules/Threads=156 Modules, 124 Threads
    Available Threads=399
    HomeSeer Memory Used=172 Mbytes
    Plugins Installed=Big5HS4 3.7.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLRussound 2.1.34.0,BLTEDPro 1.0.1.0,Device History 3.2.0.1,drhsIpPlugIn 0.0.0.31,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.73,IR Plugin 4.0.0.4,OMNI 3.0.2.23,RaspberryIO 3.0.0.19,rnbWeather 4.1.0.3,SDJ-Health 3.1.0.2,UltraTivo3 3.0.7180.32876,UPBSpud 3.0.0.54,weatherXML 3.0.1.19,Z-Wave 3.0.7.0,Z-Wave UI 1.0.0.0
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
      Is this a random issue? There have not been any changes to the Z-Wave plugin in the past few weeks. Are there any errors in the log? Or is it just slow?

I just ran the event, got a couple of errors in the logfile (attached.) This time it ran fine. Results are inconsistent at best. It does eventually execute all of the steps after a very long timeout.

Also, please note the recurring error regarding my cloud backup. The odd thing is why am I getting the error at off times, other than when the backup is scheduled for, and the backup did indeed take place despite the error. Sorry to double up on this post.
      Attached Files

Comment

Umm, I think I going wait for 4.2.x...

Comment

just upgraded to 4.2. i went to the home page to find many of my virtual or data only devices show blank boxes in grid view. if i go to list view i can see the data. i tried to see if i could get them to display properly but cannot, even tried settig the data item priority. is this a bug?

Comment

Originally posted by vince954 View Post
            just upgraded to 4.2. i went to the home page to find many of my virtual or data only devices show blank boxes in grid view. if i go to list view i can see the data. i tried to see if i could get them to display properly but cannot, even tried settig the data item priority. is this a bug?
            The was a beta version 4.1.100 we updated to before going to the 4.2...I don't now what breaking changes there were but you had to reboot your device at least twice... https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...le#post1491917

Eman.
            TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

OK, upgraded to 4.2, and it broke my SensiboClimate plug-in. Doesn't show up in list of plug-ins as an installed plugin anymore.

Since I care about having this working more than I probably do about the changes to 4.2, how do I downgrade back to 4.1.18?

Thanks, Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Crumpy View Post
                OK, upgraded to 4.2, and it broke my SensiboClimate plug-in. Doesn't show up in list of plug-ins as an installed plugin anymore.

Since I care about having this working more than I probably do about the changes to 4.2, how do I downgrade back to 4.1.18?

Thanks, Dave
                Did you save working folder (HS)? You can use that to overwrite..

Example for self built RPi

You may to stop HomeSeer...first

#sudo cp -r /home/pi/HomeSeer/ /opt/

Eman.

Comment

Thanks. Unfortunately no, I upgraded from the interface. I do have daily BLBackups, and a fairly recent directory copy if I have to use that...

Comment

Originally posted by Crumpy View Post
                    Thanks. Unfortunately no, I upgraded from the interface. I do have daily BLBackups, and a fairly recent directory copy if I have to use that...
                    recent directory copy
                    Should yield better results. Else it would be meaningless to backup... (This assumes you backup everything) If not sure you may have to remove the plug-in (by hand) before re -installing it (see post #54)

Eman.

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post

I just ran the event, got a couple of errors in the logfile (attached.) This time it ran fine. Results are inconsistent at best. It does eventually execute all of the steps after a very long timeout.

Also, please note the recurring error regarding my cloud backup. The odd thing is why am I getting the error at off times, other than when the backup is scheduled for, and the backup did indeed take place despite the error. Sorry to double up on this post.
                      The multicast choked terribly again last night. To rule out a device(s) problem I'll change a couple of them from their intended purpose to something else for testing and note if the test devices turn on/off tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                        The root device is intended to be the description of the device. It sounds like these are HS3 devices and you have renamed the children so you know what device they are and you only want to see the controls? I can make a change so it acts this way for HS3 devices.

Thanks Rich for making the future change. I'm also experiencing this issue.
                        While I don't have a huge system, several of my 300 devices disappeared due to the root device being hidden. I haven't added new devices in a month or so so I'm probably on an older version of the Z-Wave plug-in.
                        It would be great to hide the root device and only have the features we choose to see visible.

Is the parent - child device relationship why some of the device's text is a larger font?
                        Attached Files
                        Dan-O
                        HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

upped and lost my z-wave..

Click image for larger version

Name:	z wave error.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	1492109
                          Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

I also cannot update to 4.2 from 4.1.18.0 I've tried several times, including restarting etc. Each time I click "Install Update" from the Setup--> General page I get the countdown just like normal. However, when it comes back it's still on 4.1.18.0. No errors in the log that I can see, nothing indicating that an install happened.

Comment

I am getting the same errors as jgreenberg01 was mentioning.

rjh Is there a solution to this as it is filling the log. I do use the devices page a lot?
                              Not sure if it helps I have renamed both location1 and location2 descriptions (in HS3 long time ago) and had location1 and location2 switched in the past too. Maybe it could give some lead in your search?

Code:
                              29-8-2021 11:47:40 HomeSeer Warning Problem parsing HTML: (12,20) : error : Object `d` is null. Cannot access member: d.location2
                              29-8-2021 11:47:40 HomeSeer Warning Problem parsing HTML: (12,20) : error : Object `d` is null. Cannot access member: d.location2
                              *edit* even when filters are set to give a empty result the error is still logged. So there is no way of filtering on a cause.

*edit2* when in grid view (which I do not use really) the error changes into "Cannot access member: d.ref"
                              -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by dennismccreery View Post
                                I also cannot update to 4.2 from 4.1.18.0 I've tried several times, including restarting etc. Each time I click "Install Update" from the Setup--> General page (see attached screenshot) I get the countdown just like normal. However, when it comes back it's still on 4.1.18.0. No errors in the log that I can see, nothing indicating that an install happened.
                                https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...49#post1491649

Comment

Working...
                                X