Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS4 Release Announcements 4.2 is available

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
    I am getting the same errors as jgreenberg01 was mentioning.

    rjh Is there a solution to this as it is filling the log. I do use the devices page a lot?
    Not sure if it helps I have renamed both location1 and location2 descriptions (in HS3 long time ago) and had location1 and location2 switched in the past too. Maybe it could give some lead in your search?

    Code:
    29-8-2021 11:47:40 HomeSeer Warning Problem parsing HTML: (12,20) : error : Object `d` is null. Cannot access member: d.location2
    29-8-2021 11:47:40 HomeSeer Warning Problem parsing HTML: (12,20) : error : Object `d` is null. Cannot access member: d.location2
    29-8-2021 11:47:40 HomeSeer Warning Problem parsing HTML: (12,20) : error : Object `d` is null. Cannot access member: d.location2
    29-8-2021 11:47:40 HomeSeer Warning Problem parsing HTML: (12,20) : error : Object `d` is null. Cannot access member: d.location2
    29-8-2021 11:47:40 HomeSeer Warning Problem parsing HTML: (12,20) : error : Object `d` is null. Cannot access member: d.location2
    29-8-2021 11:47:40 HomeSeer Warning Problem parsing HTML: (12,20) : error : Object `d` is null. Cannot access member: d.location2
    29-8-2021 11:47:40 HomeSeer Warning Problem parsing HTML: (12,20) : error : Object `d` is null. Cannot access member: d.location2
    29-8-2021 11:47:40 HomeSeer Warning Problem parsing HTML: (12,20) : error : Object `d` is null. Cannot access member: d.location2
    *edit* even when filters are set to give a empty result the error is still logged. So there is no way of filtering on a cause.

    *edit2* when in grid view (which I do not use really) the error changes into "Cannot access member: d.ref"
    FWIW, after trying restarting HS4 several times, restarting the computer twice, shutting down/restarting plugins - nothing worked.

    I left for work frustrated.

    When I returned home that evening and checked the log - the error had continued all day until 6:52pm, then stopped with no intervention at all or any identifiable reason that I could find. It has not recurred since.

    Color me confused.

    Comment


      #77
      Decided to take the plunge to 4.2 this morning.

      Update button didn't work, popup showed updating but it didn't, so did it the old fashioned way.

      First thing I noticed was that my Marquis Monoprice Amp plugin in grid view now shows power on the root device and clicking on it brings up all the controls for that zone such as volume, treble, bass etc... Well done rjh For the first time since upgrading to HS4 I think I might prefer the grid view to the list view.

      As I look around the grid view I do notice a couple oddities. My znet shows up which is pointless so I went and clicked hide from all views, it still shows up, what is that check box for? Also, my Yale lock shows up as two separate devices.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	grid.png
Views:	488
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	1492290


      Version
      HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.0.0 (Linux) Ubuntu

      MONO Version
      Mono JIT compiler version 6.12.0.122 (tarball Mon Feb 22 17:33:28 UTC 2021)

      https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

      Comment


        #78
        my issue seems to run around the z-wave plug-in, I went back to .18, lost z-wave, reloaded old plugin, I am back at .18 and working
        let me know if you find the problem and I will upgrade again
        Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

        Comment


          #79
          Has anyone else seen this since upgrading to 4.2? The legacy weather plug-in says it cannot establish an SSL/TLS connection. However, if you go to the URLs manually there does not appear to be any problem, with a browser, opening a HTTPS session.

          downloadFile: NOAA Weather Alerts from: http://alerts.weather.gov/cap/ma.php?x=0. Error: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel

          Comment


            #80
            downloadFile: NOAA Weather Alerts from: http://alerts.weather.gov/cap/ma.php?x=0. Error: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel
            NOAA now requires you to use https:// to access the site. It appears your legacy weather plugin is using http://

            Comment


              #81
              Originally posted by kennesaw10 View Post

              NOAA now requires you to use https:// to access the site.
              Doesn’t the error kind of indicate HS4 was trying HTTPS and failed?


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

              Comment


                #82
                Originally posted by scorp508 View Post

                Doesn’t the error kind of indicate HS4 was trying HTTPS and failed?


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                The error itself shows http and not https.

                Comment


                  #83
                  Originally posted by kennesaw10 View Post

                  The error itself shows http and not https.
                  True. My interpretation of the error was it was trying SSL/TLS protocols to establish HTTPS and failed for any various reasons. I’ll triple check the config and see if I missed something. I have no errors of this kind from before 4.2 but maybe it’s unrelated.


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                    #84
                    Originally posted by scorp508 View Post
                    Has anyone else seen this since upgrading to 4.2? The legacy weather plug-in says it cannot establish an SSL/TLS connection. However, if you go to the URLs manually there does not appear to be any problem, with a browser, opening a HTTPS session.

                    downloadFile: NOAA Weather Alerts from: http://alerts.weather.gov/cap/ma.php?x=0. Error: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel
                    I use WeatherXML and had to change the website in the plugin's .ini file. You don't state which plugin you are using. In any case, I don't think it is an HS 4.2 issue for this thread.

                    Comment


                      #85
                      Is this on your own Linux build, one of our PI-HUB's (or ZEES2), or windows?

                      Originally posted by dennismccreery View Post
                      I also cannot update to 4.2 from 4.1.18.0 I've tried several times, including restarting etc. Each time I click "Install Update" from the Setup--> General page I get the countdown just like normal. However, when it comes back it's still on 4.1.18.0. No errors in the log that I can see, nothing indicating that an install happened.
                      πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

                      Comment


                        #86
                        Does the grid and listview page display ok? So it's just an error in the log? Or does the page display raw HTML?

                        Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                        I am getting the same errors as jgreenberg01 was mentioning.

                        rjh Is there a solution to this as it is filling the log. I do use the devices page a lot?
                        Not sure if it helps I have renamed both location1 and location2 descriptions (in HS3 long time ago) and had location1 and location2 switched in the past too. Maybe it could give some lead in your search?

                        Code:
                        29-8-2021 11:47:40 HomeSeer Warning Problem parsing HTML: (12,20) : error : Object `d` is null. Cannot access member: d.location2
                        29-8-2021 11:47:40 HomeSeer Warning Problem parsing HTML: (12,20) : error : Object `d` is null. Cannot access member: d.location2
                        29-8-2021 11:47:40 HomeSeer Warning Problem parsing HTML: (12,20) : error : Object `d` is null. Cannot access member: d.location2
                        29-8-2021 11:47:40 HomeSeer Warning Problem parsing HTML: (12,20) : error : Object `d` is null. Cannot access member: d.location2
                        29-8-2021 11:47:40 HomeSeer Warning Problem parsing HTML: (12,20) : error : Object `d` is null. Cannot access member: d.location2
                        29-8-2021 11:47:40 HomeSeer Warning Problem parsing HTML: (12,20) : error : Object `d` is null. Cannot access member: d.location2
                        29-8-2021 11:47:40 HomeSeer Warning Problem parsing HTML: (12,20) : error : Object `d` is null. Cannot access member: d.location2
                        29-8-2021 11:47:40 HomeSeer Warning Problem parsing HTML: (12,20) : error : Object `d` is null. Cannot access member: d.location2
                        *edit* even when filters are set to give a empty result the error is still logged. So there is no way of filtering on a cause.

                        *edit2* when in grid view (which I do not use really) the error changes into "Cannot access member: d.ref"
                        πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

                        Comment


                          #87
                          This is resolved. I ran the Zwave Reset. Must have been something leftover from when I rolled back to the 500 stick.

                          Originally posted by avpman View Post

                          I just ran the event, got a couple of errors in the logfile (attached.) This time it ran fine. Results are inconsistent at best. It does eventually execute all of the steps after a very long timeout.

                          Also, please note the recurring error regarding my cloud backup. The odd thing is why am I getting the error at off times, other than when the backup is scheduled for, and the backup did indeed take place despite the error. Sorry to double up on this post.

                          Comment


                            #88
                            Can you email me your .json configuration folder in the Data folder? I can then load your devices, maybe yours will fail here. It looks like there is a device that may be misconfigured. On the Labs page there is a button to repair devices, can you click that? But send me your config files first please.

                            Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                            I am getting the same errors as jgreenberg01 was mentioning.

                            rjh Is there a solution to this as it is filling the log. I do use the devices page a lot?
                            Not sure if it helps I have renamed both location1 and location2 descriptions (in HS3 long time ago) and had location1 and location2 switched in the past too. Maybe it could give some lead in your search?

                            Code:
                            29-8-2021 11:47:40 HomeSeer Warning Problem parsing HTML: (12,20) : error : Object `d` is null. Cannot access member: d.location2
                            29-8-2021 11:47:40 HomeSeer Warning Problem parsing HTML: (12,20) : error : Object `d` is null. Cannot access member: d.location2
                            29-8-2021 11:47:40 HomeSeer Warning Problem parsing HTML: (12,20) : error : Object `d` is null. Cannot access member: d.location2
                            29-8-2021 11:47:40 HomeSeer Warning Problem parsing HTML: (12,20) : error : Object `d` is null. Cannot access member: d.location2
                            29-8-2021 11:47:40 HomeSeer Warning Problem parsing HTML: (12,20) : error : Object `d` is null. Cannot access member: d.location2
                            29-8-2021 11:47:40 HomeSeer Warning Problem parsing HTML: (12,20) : error : Object `d` is null. Cannot access member: d.location2
                            29-8-2021 11:47:40 HomeSeer Warning Problem parsing HTML: (12,20) : error : Object `d` is null. Cannot access member: d.location2
                            29-8-2021 11:47:40 HomeSeer Warning Problem parsing HTML: (12,20) : error : Object `d` is null. Cannot access member: d.location2
                            *edit* even when filters are set to give a empty result the error is still logged. So there is no way of filtering on a cause.

                            *edit2* when in grid view (which I do not use really) the error changes into "Cannot access member: d.ref"
                            πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

                            Comment


                              #89
                              Originally posted by rjh View Post
                              Is this on your own Linux build, one of our PI-HUB's (or ZEES2), or windows?


                              I don't want to hijack @dennismccreery post or confuse his issue. But since I'm having the same problem I thought it might be helpful if I responded. I am on my own build on a Pi4. I'm using the HS4 Std code.
                              ~# uname -a
                              Linux raspberrypi4 5.10.17-v7l+ #1403 SMP Mon Feb 22 11:33:35 GMT 2021 armv7l GNU/Linux


                              Comment


                                #90
                                Originally posted by rjh View Post
                                Is this on your own Linux build, one of our PI-HUB's (or ZEES2), or windows?


                                HomeSeer HomeTroller SEL Home Controller

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X