Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strange errors in startup window and log (database disk image is malformeddatabase)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange errors in startup window and log (database disk image is malformeddatabase)

I restarted my 4.1.18.0 installation after a Windows update. I noticed quite a few errors showing in the startup window.
    Most things seem to work ok, but HS4 cannot send emails any more (log is not working properly so cannot see any potential errors). BLLAN lost all computers. Not sure yet what else might not be working.
    I do have a backup from a few weeks ago so could replace some files if needed. If possible I do not want to go back to my last backed up version as I have made a few changes since...

These are some of the errors showing but I will also attach the full startup.log as startup.txt

HomeSeer~!~Warning~!~Log Database failed to open, waiting then retrying...attempt to write a readonly databaseattempt to write a readonly database

HomeSeer~!~Error~!~SQL Exception adding record(s) to the LOG database(0): database disk image is malformeddatabase disk image is malformed, Code=11 SQL=
    Attached Files

There were so many errors in a lot of my PI's, so I decided to roll back...

Comment

Did you shutdown HS4 before running the Windows update? I've had problems with the Windows updater not giving HS4 enough time to shutdown before pulling the rug out from under it.
      "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Yes I did, shut down HS4, and made my backup as usual (copy the entire folder to a backup location). I guess somehow that a few files have been corrupted, as HS4 was running fine before I made that backup. Luckily I had another backup from 2 weeks ago and it was not too much to restore the changes I had done.
        Shows you its worth regularly backing up and also keeping a few versions...

Comment

Working...
        X