Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HA09 Remote, can it be used to run HS4 Scenes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HA09 Remote, can it be used to run HS4 Scenes?

I purchased a HA09 Intermatic Home Settings remote, and I thought that it would be able to run scenes or at the least, turn off/on devices through Homeseer, but from some of the older posts I've read, it seems that this device operates as a controller on its own and it just turns on/off devices (no scenes) directly. Does anyone know if there have been any changes in HS4 that might allow me to use this remote to run scenes?

Originally posted by Deadeye View Post
    I purchased a HA09 Intermatic Home Settings remote, and I thought that it would be able to run scenes or at the least, turn off/on devices through Homeseer, but from some of the older posts I've read, it seems that this device operates as a controller on its own and it just turns on/off devices (no scenes) directly. Does anyone know if there have been any changes in HS4 that might allow me to use this remote to run scenes?
    I have several of these and that is correct. You can download the network to them from your HomeSeer Z-wave controller and then enroll specific lights/modules and attach them to the buttons. You can enroll multiple devices on a button for dim, brighten, on and off. I have one button for "Family Room", one for "Bedroom", etc. The documentation that comes with them about how to download from the master controller on HS to one of these is far from clear. I always have to fiddle with different options before I can get it to download to the HA09.

You definitely cannot trigger scenes on HomeSeer unless you have an event that keys off of a device turning on or off. If the device does instant status update to HomeSeer, you can act on that status.

Good luck!

Comment

Oh, ok, that's not too bad. If I can do multiple devices on one button, then it should meet my needs. But how do you tell it to dim? The buttons are just on/off and the instructions (like you said) are not helpful at all. Is that done through HomeSeer somehow (that would be AWESOME to be able to dim an array of modules with one button press)?

I'm assuming it's the same deal for a HA07C (Master Remote Controller) as I also bought one of those.

Comment

Oh, ok, that's not too bad. If I can do multiple devices on one button, then it should meet my needs. But how do you tell it to dim? The buttons are just on/off and the instructions (like you said) are not helpful at all. Is that done through HomeSeer somehow (that would be AWESOME to be able to dim an array of modules with one button press)?

I'm assuming it's the same deal for a HA07C (Master Remote Controller) as I also bought one of those.
        You press and hold "on" to brighten or press and hold "off" to dim. Still no interaction with HomeSeer. All done by the local controller. You can even have strictly on/off modules in addition to dimming modules on the same button but they only respond to the full on or full off.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	304
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	1493159

Comment

Originally posted by kennesaw10 View Post

You press and hold "on" to brighten or press and hold "off" to dim. Still no interaction with HomeSeer. All done by the local controller. You can even have strictly on/off modules in addition to dimming modules on the same button but they only respond to the full on or full off.
            From what I've read on some older posts is that I should be able to add it as a second controller in HomeSeer. So I realize I can't use it WITH HomeSeer, but I can use HomeSeer to copy over the device information over to the HA09, correct (if I'm understanding this correctly)?

Comment

From what I've read on some older posts is that I should be able to add it as a second controller in HomeSeer. So I realize I can't use it WITH HomeSeer, but I can use HomeSeer to copy over the device information over to the HA09, correct (if I'm understanding this correctly)?
              Sort of correct. HomeSeer's controller (I have an ancient Z-Troller) will transmit the nodes and network to the HA09 but you sill have to go to each device and enroll it to the desired button on the HA09 so that the controller knows what to do with it. So if you have 5 lamps to put on button #1, you go to each Z-wave device and go through the process to associate it with that button.

Comment

One other trick if you have multiple HA09s and want the same programming on each. After downloading the "network map" to each of the HA09s, you can then program one of them to your liking, then use the HA09 controller copy function on the HA09 to copy to the other HA09s.

Comment

Sort of correct. HomeSeer's controller (I have an ancient Z-Troller) will transmit the nodes and network to the HA09 but you sill have to go to each device and enroll it to the desired button on the HA09 so that the controller knows what to do with it. So if you have 5 lamps to put on button #1, you go to each Z-wave device and go through the process to associate it with that button.
                  Wha? I still have to go to each device and enroll them? Won't that mess up my existing setup on my main controller? Can devices be enrolled onto more than one controller? Sorry, I'm still really new at all this and I'm not 100% on how everything works exactly.

Comment

Wha? I still have to go to each device and enroll them? Won't that mess up my existing setup on my main controller? Can devices be enrolled onto more than one controller? Sorry, I'm still really new at all this and I'm not 100% on how everything works exactly.
                    The devices will already be enrolled in the HA09 when you download the network from your HomeSeer controller. However; to associate them with a button on the HA09, you have to go to each z-wave device and associate the ones you want with each button. This is all covered in the instruction guide. Doing this will have no effect on HomeSeer since the HA09 is a standalone controller not associated with HomeSeer other than the fact you duplicate the network to the HA09.

Comment

Ah, I see where the confusion is. You're not enrolling them, you're associating them with the button to be used. I get it now.
                      So I added my remote as a secondary controller, but I was reading the instructions and they don't seem very clear. Most everything makes sense except for the light level portion (bolded text):
                      Association Modules to Channels:
                      3. (See Fig 4c on page 10) While holding the INCLUDE button, press the program button on the module. Choose a light level holding the module PROGRAM button until you have set the desired light level. Possible settings are FULL ON, FULL OFF or DIM LEVEL for dimmable modules, (NOTE: Only HA03 Lamp Module and HA06 In-Wall Switch/Dimmer have
                      dimming capabilities) or FULL ON, or FULL OFF for non-dimmable modules.

Does this mean that AFTER I hit the program button on the module, I hold it down until I get a light level that I want? Perhaps I'm just not understanding the wording.
                      Thanks again.

Comment

Ah, never mind. I tried some trial and error and it means that you press the "program" button on the module ONCE, then press and hold again (will dim down the first time as it turns to full brightness when you first press the program button) to start dimming. Then if you need, press it again to brighten to the level you want, leave it there, then release the "include" button on the controller. It seems to work pretty well, but it only seems to work with one brand of dimmer that I have (Schlage). It doesn't seem to work with Leviton or Nortek brand dimmers, which bites because I have quite a few of those. It works really well with the Schlage, so at least I have that. Seems to dim/brighten pretty well also.
                        Thanks for all the help! I hope this thread will also help other HA09 users looking for similar assistance.

Comment

I have mostly GE/Jasco z-wave devices and it works normally with them. Glad you worked it out.

Comment

I have mostly GE/Jasco z-wave devices and it works normally with them. Glad you worked it out.
                            Ah! Thanks! This gives me a few more brands that I'll know I can use with this controller.

Comment

Working...
                            X