Limiting Google Home access for second MyHS account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limiting Google Home access for second MyHS account

What I'm trying to archive is to have two Google Home accounts - 1) Has access to all devices and 2) Only has access to specific devices and this account is linked with the Nest Mini in the Guest Room. So the idea is that the Guest room Nest Mini can't control any devices outside the Guest room

I have MyHS Premium service and created separate MyHS as well as Google account for the Guest room. In HS4, I've also created a new user account with the same user name as the "guest" MyHS account and limited it to have access to the guest room devices only. However if I link the "guest" MyHS account to the Google account, I still see all the devices in the house.

I am missing anything?

Thanks

Someone please correct me if I am wrong but I believe the HS flag for Google Home Discovery is either on or off and is not associated with any user accounts therefore if it is on it is published through MyHS to Google regardless of which credentials are used in Google. I don't believe there is granular account control on the HS side over that. If there were, I think there would be a grid of checkmarks for each user account for each of Alexa Discovery, Google Discovery, Local Voice Control and Local Voice Command Confirm.
    HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.5.0 running on Lenovo ThinkCenter & Debian Linux
    Plugins: Z-Wave (via Nortek USB stick

Home Assistant 2021.10.6 running on HA "Blue" ODROID-N2
    Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
    Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, Google Nest, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, My Garage, OpenWeather, Spotify, Tuya Local. Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS
    Insteon: 2413S Dual Band PLM
    Zigbee: zzh! CC2652R Rev A
    Z-Wave: RaZberry daughtercard on RPi 1B via ser2net

Comment

Working...
    X