Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Set Energy Prices

Under Tools> Energy....
    I can see my device I am monitoring my 2 phase electric panel with. My electric bill has been substantially high and killing me... $600-$700/m so I want to try and figure out what is going on.
    I do see in setup that I can set a price per KW.... but my electric company does it in 2 stages...

anyone know how I can get this closer? I want to see if this is doable, or if there is a better way. I am also going to flip breakers soon to see if i can get my standing watts down to see where they all are!!!!

HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

I just divided my total bill of $624 by 3057 watts... and came up with $.20/kWh

I know it is not exact as there are various parts... like first 825kw is 7c then up is 8c

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

I'm confused by your bill. I see .0189303 for delivery and then tiered rates .0744849|.0847536 for a total charge of 308.49. What's the remaining 316.35 for?
      HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.5.0 running on Lenovo ThinkCenter & Debian Linux
      Plugins: Z-Wave (via Nortek USB stick

Home Assistant 2021.10.6 running on HA "Blue" ODROID-N2
      Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
      Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, Google Nest, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, My Garage, OpenWeather, Spotify, Tuya Local. Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS
      Insteon: 2413S Dual Band PLM
      Zigbee: zzh! CC2652R Rev A
      Z-Wave: RaZberry daughtercard on RPi 1B via ser2net

Comment

Originally posted by dbrunt View Post
        I'm confused by your bill. I see .0189303 for delivery and then tiered rates .0744849|.0847536 for a total charge of 308.49. What's the remaining 316.35 for?
        here is both parts...
        supply is 1 fee then usage another...since you can select where you get your electric from.

Comment

Wow! First they charge you to be their customer, then to generate electricity, transmit electricity and distribute electricity.
          What's the non-utility generation charge? Staff smoke breaks?

Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
          Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, Google Nest, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, My Garage, OpenWeather, Spotify, Tuya Local. Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS

Comment

Here's my bill...

Click image for larger version

Name:	BC Hydro Usage - July 2020.JPG
Views:	236
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	1493162

Comment

Gee your kwh number is high. What are you running? I have an inground pool, fish pond and we have had our A/C on most of the summer and use about 33% of what you're going though?
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I'm on LI and have 3 tons of A/C running almost constant all summer. My average is about 45kWh/day which is less than half of yours.

I happen to have solar that is banked by the utility when I make more than I consume and they take it back against the higher use in the summer. Regardless, of where my electricity comes from, I use what I use.

You should drill into what eats all your energy. You're a prime candidate for https://sense.com/

Comment

Time to start flipping those breakers!

Comment

It’s definitely a case of an appliance by appliance investigation to see what appliance is devouring your hard earned cash. Forget about the plugin for the moment and start plugging out. Those readings are in the range of commercial consumption. Which ever way you look at it you’re installation is consuming $10k per annum.

Comment

I agree with others- my AC has been running most of the summer (townhome, in MN, hot this year but still) and most kwh I've seen in a month is 1200. Something is really chewing up the juice.

Comment

I work for the local power provider in Nashville (NES), we serve Davidson county and seven of the surrounding counties. We are a distributor and purchase power from TVA, back in the day we use to generate but that was a long time ago. We still maintain a presence of high voltage transmission that we operation in conjunction with TVA . I have been at NES for around 35 years (25 in IT)... also worked in Engineering, GIS, and Operations as a lineman. Over the years working in IT, I have seen my share of customer bills. We compare our bills with what other companies are doing, etc. Some people want to see the detail, others don't until they do. It is really a no win scenario when someone gets a high bill. With that said, I have seen a lot of complicated bills, and yours (hands down) wins the prize.

I live a number of miles north of Nashville, close to the Kentucky border. Our power provider is a Co-Op called Upper Cumberland Electric Membership Corporation. We have a lot of co-ops in Tennessee. Their residential rate for summer period is 9.175 cents per kWh, compared to NES at 10.157 cents per kWh. There are a few other minor charges on the bill but nothing like yours... It looks like they take your normal electric usage and almost multiply it by a little over 2 (or there abouts).

I did not see on the bill how much electricity that you used, however to give you some comparison my bill for July to August was $345.11. Our total usage was 3,216 kWh and our average daily usage was 104 kWh, equating to about $11.13 a day in cost. We have a 3,600 sqft house and keep our thermostats on 69 to 68 degrees Yep we like it cold and the last month in Tennessee has been quite brutal for us, lots of 90 plus degree days and very little rain during this billing period. See the screenshot for the 4 charges on our bill...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-09-02 174505.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	1493305

I suspect that since this bill seems to be out of the ordinary, others on this thread have the right idea, it is time to start investigating the culprit and maybe start flipping breakers. My friend has a home that is around 8,500 sqft and he keeps his home temperature around 70, his bill is just a few dollars higher than yours.

Good luck on the investigation.
                        Billy

Comment

Originally posted by bdraper View Post
                          I did not see on the bill how much electricity that you used...
                          3057 watts.

Comment

Yikes!! I also run a pool, 3 ton AC an all electric kitchen and in California at 30c average per kW that usage would really hurt. My daily usage is half that and most is consumed by Pool (14kW daily) the AC and then the idle 24/7 draw is 0.7kW/h, that is all the stuff that's just on. Amazing how that stuff adds up.
                            I thought our PG&E bill was complex, but holy crap, you win.
                            I dropped in a couple of 100A CrocSee next to my main panel, mainly for when I switch to generator, but I can switch off all the breakers and enable one at a time and monitor consumption. My Solar PV system tracks 15min totals and a bad day is 50kW, most are between 30-40 kW based on weather.
                            Are you sure your neighbor hasn't tapped in? Or someones built a grow house in your basement? Or maybe a 2kW heater left on in the attic warming up the neighborhood.
                            Hope you find the issue, thats crazy.

Appliances to check
                            Fridge and Freezers - Bad compressor or running long periods due to a bad seal
                            AC compressor (Bad capacitors)

Comment

Originally posted by dbrunt View Post
                              3057 watts.
                              Good catch... I see it now, I skimmed the bill and totally over looked the number based on all the tier charges. Talk about confusing. Good grief they are multiplying by 2 for the delivery fee...
                              Billy

Comment

Working...
                              X