Hi,
    I have created an event (watch TV) that does the following:
    - set Harmony Hub to HTPC
    - turn off the main light in living room
    - turn on the small light
    - turn off the Sonos
    - dim shutter 1 to 25%
    - dim shutter 2 to 60%

This works great if the shutters are open.
    My problem is if the shutters are closed, they shold stay closed.

I allready created events to dim the shutters, that only trigger if the shutters are above dim-level and added a second action (to "watch TV") with the option "check conditions on target event" enabled. Unfortunately these events will also trigger if I try to open the shutters by other events or change the dim-value manualy.

What do I have to do, if I want the following to happen?
    If shutters are above the wanted dim-level, then run them down to the dim-level.
    If shutters are under the wanted dim-level, then nothing should happen.
    All other options (Harmony to HTPC, lights and Sonos) should allways be triggered.

;-)

I would think that splitting the shutter dimming into a second event should work. The logic for that event would be IF manually triggered AND IF shutter is not equal to closed THEN dim shutter to value.

I don't understand this statement "Unfortunately these events will also trigger if I try to open the shutters by other events or change the dim-value manualy."

Can you explain this or post a screenshot of your events?

Comment

If you have EasyTrigger another option is to use "Set device to expression". You can use an IF statement, effectively giving conditional control for certain types of individual actions.

THEN EasyTrigger Set <Device> to Expression: If ($$DVR:xxx: > 25, 25, $$DVR:xxx: )

<Device> is your shutter you want set to 25%, and xxx is its device reference.

This will let you put it all into one event. A downside is loss of discrete logging. I.e., the log will show the event fired but the individual action may or may not have fired.
      -Wade

Comment

Greetings fagor,

What if your events are set like this?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2021-09-02_17-30-27.png Views:	0 Size:	37.9 KB ID:	1493216

And

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2021-09-02_17-33-09.png Views:	0 Size:	38.1 KB ID:	1493217

Then instead of...

- turn off the Sonos
        - dim shutter 1 to 25%
        - dim shutter 2 to 60%

You would have....

-Set Device Watch TV to Enabled
        - turn off the Sonos

Note: You will not need to run the other shutter events. The shutters are now controlled by the virtual device "Watch TV"

Make sure to set the virtual device "Watch TV" to "Disabled" when finished.

The virtual device will prevent any other actions from triggering this event.

Roger D

Comment

Working...
        X