if device has it's value set to.... the event fires twice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if device has it's value set to.... the event fires twice

I am running HS4 Pro Edition 4.1.18.0 (Windows) and i have a problem with events.
    If i make an event with: if devices changes to.. it works and the event fires 1 time but..
    if i make an event with: if device has it's value set to.... the event fires twice..
    why is this?

Can you take a screenshot of the event and post it here?

Comment

For what it's worth, I've seen this in HS3 too. I couldn't figure it out, so I just worked around it.

Comment

I have a lot of events that use "set to" and "set or changed" and I've not seen this. I'd look at the device itself instead of the event. Is it possible the device value is toggling or bouncing a few times? A workaround for this is to not allow the event to re-trigger within X seconds. Not a fix for sure, but a workaround until you can figure out why it's happening.

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post
          Can you take a screenshot of the event and post it here?
          ofcourse
          Click image for larger version

Name:	bond.JPG
Views:	173
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	1493394

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post
            I have a lot of events that use "set to" and "set or changed" and I've not seen this. I'd look at the device itself instead of the event. Is it possible the device value is toggling or bouncing a few times? A workaround for this is to not allow the event to re-trigger within X seconds. Not a fix for sure, but a workaround until you can figure out why it's happening.
            It only happens if i use: has device value set, if i use change to it works as it should

Comment

I do think the press of the button might be send twice actually within the same second on Zwave. I see this also happening for my plugin sometime (catching that internally). Easiest solution is working around it by setting the events option to not rerun for 1 or 2 seconds. Might be less hassle then trying to get the Zwave plugin to catch that situation.
              -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
              650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                I do think the press of the button might be send twice actually within the same second on Zwave. I see this also happening for my plugin sometime (catching that internally). Easiest solution is working around it by setting the events option to not rerun for 1 or 2 seconds. Might be less hassle then trying to get the Zwave plugin to catch that situation.
                Thank you, i added the "can not retrigger in 1 sec" and it world now. Still no idea if this i a bug or a feature.

Comment

Originally posted by akatar View Post

Thank you, i added the "can not retrigger in 1 sec" and it world now. Still no idea if this i a bug or a feature.
                  You should be able identify the source of the issue by looking at the log. Make sure commands from the HS device are logged. If you see back to back commands issued from the wall controller, it is at fault. If there is only one, then it is within the system. I’ve not used the Aeotec wall scene controller, but I never had that issue with my Aeotec Minimotes, my Remotec or Hank remotes or with HS scene control switches, dimmers or fan controls.

The “Event Cannot Re-Run for:” setting will eliminate the bounce, no matter the reason.

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
                    You should be able identify the source of the issue by looking at the log. Make sure commands from the HS device are logged. If you see back to back commands issued from the wall controller, it is at fault. If there is only one, then it is within the system. I’ve not used the Aeotec wall scene controller, but I never had that issue with my Aeotec Minimotes, my Remotec or Hank remotes or with HS scene control switches, dimmers or fan controls.

The “Event Cannot Re-Run for:” setting will eliminate the bounce, no matter the reason.
                    checked again, wallmote is working as it should
                    node 1 is controller (ofcourse)
                    node 199 greenwave module
                    node 219 aeotec wallmote
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	sniffer.JPG Views:	0 Size:	65.7 KB ID:	1493468

Comment

Here a screenshot. top part is another wallcontroller.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	snif2.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	1493471

Comment

well, it seems it's a aeotec wallcontroller thing, i tried a walli controller and that ones works fine.

Comment

akatar,

What application did you use in the above screenshots?

Roger D

Comment

Originally posted by Roger D View Post
                            akatar,

What application did you use in the above screenshots?

Roger D
                            it's zsniffer, it listenens and reports all zwave traffic (everything, so also you neighbours)

Comment

if you have problems you can see what happens and where things (wich device) go wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X