Bulk Action - Add Category

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bulk Action - Add Category

In the bulk action what is "Add Category" doing? I enabled bulk action, selected a device, then selected "Add Category" from the "Bulk Action" menu, selected a Category and clicked on Save. I expected that the device would be added to the selected Category but when I filter on that Category I don't see any device.

Ignore. It works now. I have no idea why because I am doing the same thing as before but it works now. One thing to be careful about is that when you do the bulk edit the items stay selected after you do the "Add Category". So if you want to work on other devices to add to a different category make sure you unselect the currently selected devices before selecting the new ones.

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
      Ignore. It works now. I have no idea why because I am doing the same thing as before but it works now. One thing to be careful about is that when you do the bulk edit the items stay selected after you do the "Add Category". So if you want to work on other devices to add to a different category make sure you unselect the currently selected devices before selecting the new ones.
      I got burned with that one a couple of weeks ago, was not happy.
      RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
        I mentioned something like this when we had the poll on bulk editing. It's easy to overlook checked items if they're not on the first screen. This could cause disaster, so I Check All and then Uncheck All just to be safe.

Comment

Working...
        X