HS4 stuck under Default GUEST user

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 stuck under Default GUEST user

In an attempt to migrate my Amazon services from HS3 over to HS4, I accessed configuration - register system. Followed the prompts my old sytem ID and new system. Once completed, it changed my user status over to guest. Every time I attempt to log out, or manage users I get an error or access denied. I even went in an registered for premium for 1 year for $29.00.

Has anyone else had this issue, where you are locked out of your system with guest level? I'd prefer to remove guest access anyway, but I can't access my system via my created user or default user credentials. Logout doesn't work.

Solved - Tyler helped at support. You go into your directory via C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Config find the users.cfg and users.cfg.temp files and delete them. Shutdown HS4 and open HS4 again, user access is restored locally. Once in HS4 you can navigate to config/users and create new users. Make sure you set admin privilege's and local access.

Hope it helps someone

Comment

I would love to know how you simply "log out" of HS4?
      RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
        I would love to know how you simply "log out" of HS4?
        Gladly

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-09-09.png
Views:	313
Size:	174.9 KB
ID:	1494717

Comment

Originally posted by MattMan View Post

Gladly

Name:	2021-09-09.png
Views:	313
Size:	174.9 KB
ID:	1494717

Hmmmm, that does not work for me.
          RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Click image for larger versionName:	2021-09-09_17-24-36.pngViews:	0Size:	22.2 KBID:	1494723
            RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Name:	2021-09-09_17-24-36.png
Views:	303
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	1494723
              What is your system running on? Raspberry PI Linux based or Windows Based install?

Comment

In Chrome, I can see something about the User area, but still does nothing.

Name:	2021-09-09_17-25-52.png
Views:	302
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	1494729
                RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by MattMan View Post

What is your system running on? Raspberry PI Linux based or Windows Based install?
                  Windows
                  RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Windows
                    If you reduce your browser size: Ctrl- or Ctrl+ does it appear at the top? I've noticed browser window scaling can sometimes be at 110% 0r 125% and it might not display properly. Try resizing your zoom level.

Comment

Did not change anything... You have me thinking now.... I run 4K monitors...... Let me check something..
                      RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

No joy.. I thought perhaps Windows scaling was the cause, but not to be. It has to do with my 4K monitors because it doesn't work on any browser. (Edge, FF, Chrome and Pale Moon).

Thanks for you help
                        RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Curious if you look pull up the HS4 web page through another device on the same LAN as your controller. Tablet, Smart phone if you still cant see it...that would rule out a scaling issue.

You are running HS4 ver 4.2.0.0 ?

Comment

On the cell, using FF, the logout option is in the hamburger menu and indeed works.

RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

On the cell, using FF, the logout option is in the hamburger menu and indeed works.

So maybe in the display settings on your computer. Try and run Chrome in compatibility mode for Windows 8 or Widows 7 and see if the logout appears.

Comment

Working...
                              X