Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most elegant was to combine a relay and tilt sensor into one device for Garage Door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most elegant was to combine a relay and tilt sensor into one device for Garage Door

So I decided to move away from the MyQ plugin/garage addon and instead installed an Ecolink Garage Tilt Sensor and a Zooz Zen17 relay. They seem to work well, but right now they are two separate devices. I would like to make a virtual device that combines both as features and was wondering what others with this type of scenario had done? Can you combine them both into just one feature? Any feedback on other experiences in this regard would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I combine functionality into a single feature by using different VSP for each of the functions. For example status of 0 and 100 could be for closed and open status from the tilt sensor. The relay could have controls of 1 and 101 for close and open. Since plugin control the physical devices you will need to provide the control using events based upon your composite virtual device changes. This means one or two events to control the relay and one or two events to update the open/close status.

Comment

Awesome. Thanks Michael! That sounds like a great way to keep it all within one feature.

Comment

Working...
      X