Zwave route not showing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zwave route not showing

Dear All, i am facing lagging issues in my network, I expected it to be range issue, but then sometimes the devices are working, sometimes they are lagging (or not running at all), so I believe this is not a charactarestic of range issue.
    I tried checking the route each device is taking to communicate with the hub, but couldn't find that anywhere, i contacted the support and they said it should be in the Node information in the Z-wave plugin, however i couldn't find there either.
    can you help me find a way to view the routes the devices are taking to communicate please? i tried Z-Seer but it is not showing the routes too, i googled that, and they said it is a bug in the software that sometimes it doesn't display the routes.
    I am using HomeTroller G1 with Aeotec Z-Stick 5 Plus

Have you tried optimizing any devices that are lagging?

Comment

Originally posted by hiken View Post
      Have you tried optimizing any devices that are lagging?
      Yes i tried optimizing most of the devices, but I am still facing the same issue....

Comment

You're not helping us help you, please provide screen shots. In the web interface goto Plugins --> Z-wave --> Node Information
        Show a device that is communicating correctly (if any) and one that isn't.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	288
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	1496273

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post
          You're not helping us help you, please provide screen shots. In the web interface goto Plugins --> Z-wave --> Node Information
          Show a device that is communicating correctly (if any) and one that isn't.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	288
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	1496273
          here is the print screen from my side, all the devices are not showing the last working route for some reason!

Comment

Something is not right... when you restart HS4 are there any errors in the startup log?

Comment

Originally posted by shady.hamilton View Post
              Dear All, i am facing lagging issues in my network, I expected it to be range issue, but then sometimes the devices are working, sometimes they are lagging (or not running at all), so I believe this is not a charactarestic of range issue.
              I tried checking the route each device is taking to communicate with the hub, but couldn't find that anywhere, i contacted the support and they said it should be in the Node information in the Z-wave plugin, however i couldn't find there either.
              can you help me find a way to view the routes the devices are taking to communicate please? i tried Z-Seer but it is not showing the routes too, i googled that, and they said it is a bug in the software that sometimes it doesn't display the routes.
              I am using HomeTroller G1 with Aeotec Z-Stick 5 Plus
              This is a 700 series chip, yes? If so, HS identified hardware problems with the Silicon Labs 700 chip and is working on a solution with SL and also by a potential workaround with the HS Z-wave plugin. A search of the forums should provide a description of the initial problem and possible progress in getting it fixed. Look for posts from rjh. I had so much trouble with the 700 series chip (same issues that you described) that I put my old 500 series stick back in place until the problems are sorted out. Good luck!

Comment

Something is not right... when you restart HS4 are there any errors in the startup log?
                I am facing these two errors after each restart:

9/15/2021 5:46:35 PM

HomeSeer
                Error
                Compiling script Startup.vb: compiler initialization failed unexpectedly: The system cannot find the file specified.

9/15/2021 5:46:35 PM

HomeSeer
                Error
                Compiling script Startup.vb: could not find library 'Scheduler.dll'

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post

This is a 700 series chip, yes? If so, HS identified hardware problems with the Silicon Labs 700 chip and is working on a solution with SL and also by a potential workaround with the HS Z-wave plugin. A search of the forums should provide a description of the initial problem and possible progress in getting it fixed. Look for posts from rjh. I had so much trouble with the 700 series chip (same issues that you described) that I put my old 500 series stick back in place until the problems are sorted out. Good luck!
                  i don't think this is the 700 series chip, it is not the Z-stick 7.... this is the z-Stick 5 plus

Comment

Did you do anything recently to coincide with these errors? Did you change/upgrade HS4 versions, the Z-wave plugin, etc?
                    Please list your system info Tools --> About--> System Profile. Remove your License ID from the information!

Comment

Did you do anything recently to coincide with these errors? Did you change/upgrade HS4 versions, the Z-wave plugin, etc?
                      Please list your system info Tools --> About--> System Profile. Remove your License ID from the information!
                      i contacted the support, but they said they don't recommend reinstalling windows, nor the HS4 on my G1..... so i am stuck....i was thinking of resetting windows, then reinstalling HS4, but now i am affraid of breaking something since it is not recommended by the support!

Comment

I seem to recall reports that the Aeotec stick doesn't show the "last working route" entries.

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
                          I seem to recall reports that the Aeotec stick doesn't show the "last working route" entries.
                          Wow... if true, I would get another stick ASAP. How is one suppose to troubleshoot their Z-wave network with this vital info?

Comment

Wow... if true, I would get another stick ASAP. How is one suppose to troubleshoot their Z-wave network with this vital info?
                            Originally, when I set up my Z-Wave network I tried the Aeotech stick. But then I realized the better alternative was to use the Homeseer branded interface. HS writes the Zwave plugin and I suspect there is tighter integration with their own branded stick. If I had any tech problems I wanted the software and hardware suppliers to be sleeping in the same bed.

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post

Originally, when I set up my Z-Wave network I tried the Aeotech stick. But then I realized the better alternative was to use the Homeseer branded interface. HS writes the Zwave plugin and I suspect there is tighter integration with their own branded stick. If I had any tech problems I wanted the software and hardware suppliers to be sleeping in the same bed.
                              Yeah, I totally get where you are coming from. But what bewilders me is that almost all the Z-wave sticks being sold are all based on the same Silicon Labs chip/reference design... so differences should be minimal across brands.

And I suspect since the OP is outside of the U.S. that they didn't have a choice when they bought the system since HST probably didn't have a stick for their region at the time. The good news is that the new 700-series controllers are based on a reference design that is software programmable for frequency/region.

Comment

Working...
                              X