Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to Upgrade? HS4

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Originally posted by ewkearns View Post

    Is this a step I missed? Or is this included, here, in the "Preferred Method"?

    The reality is that the Designer won't run, it is like it is looking for something in the wrong place... it certainly can't find any HS4 devices and some devices show up with the icon that says something like "Unknown Device".
    If you last used the Designer a long time ago, the new version has to be registered with the new HS4 licence, then once opened and now on Windows 10, open up the settings (Tools) and fix the folder locations where HStouch finds the files. Image below :

    Click image for larger version  Name:	HStouch.png Views:	0 Size:	65.9 KB ID:	1497008


    Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by ewkearns View Post

      Is this a step I missed? Or is this included, here, in the "Preferred Method"?
      It is item 6 in the preferred method.

      Originally posted by ewkearns View Post
      The reality is that the Designer won't run, it is like it is looking for something in the wrong place... it certainly can't find any HS4 devices and some devices show up with the icon that says something like "Unknown Device".
      That sounds like a connection issue between Designer and your HS Server. It can be caused by how users and access are set up in HS3/4. Again I would suggest a separate post about your Designer issues, preferably in the Designer forum.

      Steve

      Comment


        #33
        OK, I just reverted to HS3. Despite all of the things I tried, flushing cache, checking paths, etc. things were just escalating and there were too many broken devices, broken events, broken screens, and a non-functional Designer. ( I had been using Designer every few days.)

        The broken icons were about Designer not being able to find HS devices, not the icons associated with them. IOW, if you created a screen and put a button or text box on it, Designer could not find ANY home seer devices to control. It wasn't about the path to finding icons, it could find them, but was saying that the device could not be found (any device). AFAIK, there is no user manageable setting to find devices.

        Then, too, some, but not all devices were not being called by events. They could be invoked as a device, though... and nothing was being logged when the event ran.

        One telling thing I noted is that I had to delete HS4 AND HSDesigner/Touch to get rid of whatever stylesheet was created by HS4 and would try to control and break HS3 (even after HS4 was deleted). I'll miss node-red and AKweather, but what I have will work properly.
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station

        Enabled Plug-Ins
        3.0.0.6: AK Smart Device 3.0.1.9: AmbientWeather 2.0.63.0: BLBackup 3.0.55.0: BLGData 3.0.38.0: BLLock 2.0.26.0: BLUPS 3.2.0.1: Device History 3.0.0.73: EasyTrigger 3.25.614.1: HSBuddy 3.1.0.22: MeiHarmonyHub 3.1.0.2: SDJ-Health 19.10.7.1: TPLinkSmartHome 3.0.6681.34300: UltraCID3 3.0.6644.26753: UltraLog3 3.0.6554.33094: UltraMon3 3.0.5960.36744: UltraSighthoundVideo3 3.0.7806.23606: UltraWeatherWU3 3.0.2.0: Z-Wave

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by ewkearns View Post
          OK, I just reverted to HS3. Despite all of the things I tried, flushing cache, checking paths, etc. things were just escalating and there were too many broken devices, broken events, broken screens, and a non-functional Designer. ( I had been using Designer every few days.)

          The broken icons were about Designer not being able to find HS devices, not the icons associated with them. IOW, if you created a screen and put a button or text box on it, Designer could not find ANY home seer devices to control. It wasn't about the path to finding icons, it could find them, but was saying that the device could not be found (any device). AFAIK, there is no user manageable setting to find devices.

          Then, too, some, but not all devices were not being called by events. They could be invoked as a device, though... and nothing was being logged when the event ran.

          One telling thing I noted is that I had to delete HS4 AND HSDesigner/Touch to get rid of whatever stylesheet was created by HS4 and would try to control and break HS3 (even after HS4 was deleted). I'll miss node-red and AKweather, but what I have will work properly.
          That does sound like an awful mess, I feel your pain🙁. I can't imagine why your system could be so affected when so many have successfully upgraded?
          One thought, presumably you had successfully swapped your MyHs link from your HS3 account to your HS4 account when you upgraded? It was a long time ago but I seem to remember I had an issue with that due to special characters in my password not being allowed in HS4 requiring a password reset.

          Steve

          Comment


            #35
            Yes, that worked like a charm. I just changed it back to HS3 so my Alexa would hopefully work, thanks to Jon00.

            Except for Alexa, just reloading everything returned total control to my HS3 system. All of the events function as suspected, HSTouch is populated with the correct data, and HSDesigner is functioning as expected. It says a lot about HS4, to me, when a perfectly functioning HS3 system can be nearly bricked with an "upgrade."

            I won't be trying HS4 again any time soon and when I do, it will be with a computer I don't depend on.
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548
            Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station

            Enabled Plug-Ins
            3.0.0.6: AK Smart Device 3.0.1.9: AmbientWeather 2.0.63.0: BLBackup 3.0.55.0: BLGData 3.0.38.0: BLLock 2.0.26.0: BLUPS 3.2.0.1: Device History 3.0.0.73: EasyTrigger 3.25.614.1: HSBuddy 3.1.0.22: MeiHarmonyHub 3.1.0.2: SDJ-Health 19.10.7.1: TPLinkSmartHome 3.0.6681.34300: UltraCID3 3.0.6644.26753: UltraLog3 3.0.6554.33094: UltraMon3 3.0.5960.36744: UltraSighthoundVideo3 3.0.7806.23606: UltraWeatherWU3 3.0.2.0: Z-Wave

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by ewkearns View Post
              AFAIK, there is no user manageable setting to find devices.
              FWIW, in HS3, both "Hide Device from Views" and "Hide Device from Mobile Views" will hide the devices from the HSTouch Designer app. I'm not sure how those attributes are viewed/set in HS4 as I haven't migrated. It's possible that if you hide root devices none of their children will appear in the designer; I'll let someone with HS4 and the Designer installed confirm or deny that.

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by mterry63 View Post

                FWIW, in HS3, both "Hide Device from Views" and "Hide Device from Mobile Views" will hide the devices from the HSTouch Designer app. I'm not sure how those attributes are viewed/set in HS4 as I haven't migrated. It's possible that if you hide root devices none of their children will appear in the designer; I'll let someone with HS4 and the Designer installed confirm or deny that.
                I've never seen the need to hide any devices, so I have never done that. More to the point, I could see the devices in HS4, HSTouch could see some of the devices, and Designer could not see ANY devices. Then, there were broken events in HS4 that wouldn't fire ANY devices, but the device state could be changed from the "devices" page. Now, back on HS3, everything is working perfectly. If being "hidden" or some such thing in HS3 was the problem, it should have returned with the rollback. It didn't.
                HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548
                Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station

                Enabled Plug-Ins
                3.0.0.6: AK Smart Device 3.0.1.9: AmbientWeather 2.0.63.0: BLBackup 3.0.55.0: BLGData 3.0.38.0: BLLock 2.0.26.0: BLUPS 3.2.0.1: Device History 3.0.0.73: EasyTrigger 3.25.614.1: HSBuddy 3.1.0.22: MeiHarmonyHub 3.1.0.2: SDJ-Health 19.10.7.1: TPLinkSmartHome 3.0.6681.34300: UltraCID3 3.0.6644.26753: UltraLog3 3.0.6554.33094: UltraMon3 3.0.5960.36744: UltraSighthoundVideo3 3.0.7806.23606: UltraWeatherWU3 3.0.2.0: Z-Wave

                Comment


                  #38
                  I just upgraded my HomeTroller Pro to HS4 yesterday and didn't have any issues. However, two problems that I was having with HS3 have remained. One is that I no longer hear any voice (when I should, like "The side door is open") and more recently, for about the past two months, my events for turning off lights and opening shades in the morning work fine, but to turn the lights on and close the shades in the evening it is hit or miss and mostly miss. Chrome also often closes unexpectedly.

                  Comment


                    #39
                    MSG56 I've had issues similar to yours. Check your events for conditions such as "The week is more than 41". For a lot of my events, somewhere along the line it became the week is 41.

                    Also for some events no matter how I tried the condition went back to equal rather than greater or lesser than. You might have to recreate the event.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                      MSG56 I've had issues similar to yours. Check your events for conditions such as "The week is more than 41". For a lot of my events, somewhere along the line it became the week is 41.

                      Also for some events no matter how I tried the condition went back to equal rather than greater or lesser than. You might have to recreate the event.
                      That doesn't seem to be the issue for me. All of mine are set up to be a few minutes after sunset. During some of my troubleshooting shortly after the even should have taken place, I tried to manually activate the event and still no response from the system. But, then the next day is works. Really scratching my head on this.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X