Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bosma Aegis smart deadbolt - homeseer support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bosma Aegis smart deadbolt - homeseer support?

I'm getting a new exterior door that unfortunately would face the elements so I can't go with a smart lock that would be outside. However, I came across this smart deadbolt that only mounts on the inside of the door and works with existing deadbolts. Looks like it's only wifi and currently supports Alexa/Google/IFTTT. Does anyone know of a way to integrate it with Homeseer (without going through IFTTT)?

https://www.bosmasmarthome.com/product/aegis/

3 of 4 of my Kwikset locks face the weather on one side. I can't see that being a problem or they would be pretty useless in many exterior door applications. If your application is a gate, well, I dunno.
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.6: AK Smart Device 3.0.1.9: AmbientWeather 2.0.63.0: BLBackup 3.0.55.0: BLGData 3.0.38.0: BLLock 2.0.26.0: BLUPS 3.2.0.1: Device History 3.0.0.73: EasyTrigger 3.25.614.1: HSBuddy 3.1.0.22: MeiHarmonyHub 3.1.0.2: SDJ-Health 19.10.7.1: TPLinkSmartHome 3.0.6681.34300: UltraCID3 3.0.6644.26753: UltraLog3 3.0.6554.33094: UltraMon3 3.0.5960.36744: UltraSighthoundVideo3 3.0.7806.23606: UltraWeatherWU3 3.0.2.0: Z-Wave

Comment

Thanks for your input ewkearns I do have a smart lock on my front door (Yale) but it's protected from the elements. I'm glad you are having a good experience with your smart locks exposed to the weather. I personally would prefer not to have my smart locks in direct sun all day long et all, so this seemed like an interesting alternative. Plus the smartness is inside only and limits tampering to the original deadbolt, so I can get one that would probably be more break-in resistant than most smart locks. But of course, that's only my opinion and taste.

Comment

The outside portion of smart locks is just a keypad that connects through the door to the "smarts" circuitry on the inside of the door. I personally don't see an issue using a regular smart lock...
        HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.5.0 running on Lenovo ThinkCenter & Debian Linux
        Plugins: Z-Wave (via Nortek USB stick

Home Assistant 2021.10.6 running on HA "Blue" ODROID-N2
        Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
        Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, Google Nest, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, My Garage, OpenWeather, Spotify, Tuya Local. Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS
        Insteon: 2413S Dual Band PLM
        Zigbee: zzh! CC2652R Rev A
        Z-Wave: RaZberry daughtercard on RPi 1B via ser2net

Comment

Working...
        X