Thanks, Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tinkerdinker ,
    Now if I could just get the alarm sensors on our crazy alarm system integrated…
    Are you planning to do this yourself? Or else, what sensors are they?

Tip : Knowing what you can do with Node-RED : https://notenoughtech.com/home-autom...odered-server/ while you wait...

Am I the only one who is impatient enough not to wait for things to happen or rather recreate the wheel...? Life's too short!

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post

Are you planning to do this yourself? Or else, what sensors are they?

Tip : Knowing what you can do with Node-RED : https://notenoughtech.com/home-autom...odered-server/ while you wait...

Am I the only one who is impatient enough not to wait for things to happen or rather recreate the wheel...? Life's too short!

Eman.
      God knows, I’m trying. Our last alarm system was a simple dsc integration, so lots of straight forward explanations online. Our new alarm, while a more secure system, is making things much more difficult. Not sure yet the easiest way to integrate.

Thanks for the nodered tutorial link. I’ve been wanting to learn more, so good timing.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
        Thank you all for the kind words! While we have been a little AWOL lately my goal is to listen to everyone and add the features you want! Its the user who has always guided this software and I want to continue with that. We will be keeping the updates coming on a regular basis so you can always look forward to something new!
        We do appreciate your good work.

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post
          Personally, I think HS should require plugin developers to escrow their current source code with HS. In the event, the developer ceases to exist or doesn't work with future versions of HS, then HS could decide what to do with the code. Fix it, release it into the public domain, etc. I know, I know, there are all kinds of valid reasons for the developers to get their dander up over my comments and I don't want to start a flame war here. I just want to express how I feel about the Achilles heel of independently authored plugins. I certainly, can't live without 'em!
          Just FYI, my wife has clear instructions on what to do if something happens to me. My OMNI plugin code is in BitBucket and she is instructed to email the credentials to HS so it can live on in case something happens to me!
          HS4Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi4
          79 Z-Wave Nodes, 131 Events, 383 Devices
          Z-Wave, UPB, WiFi
          Plugins: EasyTrigger, weatherXML, OMNI, Z-Wave, Tuya, Device History
          HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Working...
          X